Little help

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

charangohabsburg
Blackwood

Re: Little help

Post by charangohabsburg » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Lillian wrote:Who wrote the script?
Nintendo.
Markus

To be stupid is like to be dead. Oneself will not be aware of it.
It's only the others who suffer.

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:40 am

You are a brave man. I know some of their programers.

charangohabsburg
Blackwood

Post by charangohabsburg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:47 am

:lol:
Markus

To be stupid is like to be dead. Oneself will not be aware of it.
It's only the others who suffer.

Pete
Gidgee

Post by Pete » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi Jeremy,
I've only done one guitar a while back and I'm hoping my next is more of a work of art and there are less mistakes.
When I was cutting the centre of the back for the purfilng to cover the join, right at the end the router moved because of a not tight enough clamp! I couldn't believe what I had done. I was beside myself.

However after much thought and no forum like this, to get around it, I tried to make a feature of it. I did the same to the other side and put some of the same timber from the headstock (figured Houn) so it (kind of) looked like it was supposed to be there.
Nothing to stop you putting lengths of abalone or spots up the inside so it takes on a pattern. Never know, a mistake could take on a new signiture pattern.

This is all of course if the job you have done with the dowel is so noticable it bothers you.

Cheers,
Pete

Jeremy D
Admin

Post by Jeremy D » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Pete wrote:Hi Jeremy,
I've only done one guitar a while back and I'm hoping my next is more of a work of art and there are less mistakes.
When I was cutting the centre of the back for the purfilng to cover the join, right at the end the router moved because of a not tight enough clamp! I couldn't believe what I had done. I was beside myself.

However after much thought and no forum like this, to get around it, I tried to make a feature of it. I did the same to the other side and put some of the same timber from the headstock (figured Houn) so it (kind of) looked like it was supposed to be there.
Nothing to stop you putting lengths of abalone or spots up the inside so it takes on a pattern. Never know, a mistake could take on a new signiture pattern.

This is all of course if the job you have done with the dowel is so noticable it bothers you.

Cheers,
Pete
Hi Pete,

I think it will be barley noticeable now that I have cut the slots etc. so disaster avoided. Thanks for the info. I too am looking forward to number two. It will be so much different going into it with my eyes wide open :)

Cheers
Jeremy D