Fibre

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Dave
Myrtle

Fibre

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:28 am

Hi :D

I was looking to buy some fibre as I'm finding it very hard to locate any in the UK and the few places that do carry a limited stock have prices that would make it cheaper to build the guitars in BRW? So I was wondering if anyone could help me? (I did send a message to Shane over at OLF as an old post suggests he can help)

I was looking for various colours:
  • Black
    White
    Red
    Blue
    Green
    Any other colours you may have?
And various thickness's (sorry its metric, Brains not working today lol):

0.2mm
0.3mm
0.5mm
0.75mm
1.0mm
(the nearest sizes you have to the above) and any others you may have?

I was looking for around 1 metre in length! Widths can be various around 125mm - 150mm.

If anyone can cheer me up as the prices I've been quoted so far are making it a very un-merry Christmas lol
Thanks
Dave :lol:

Dave White
Blackwood

Post by Dave White » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:18 am

Dave,

David Dyke carries various dyed veneers 0.6mm thick.
Dave White
[url=http://www.defaoiteguitars.com]De Faoite Stringed Instruments[/url]

Dave
Myrtle

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:31 am

Dave White wrote:Dave,

David Dyke carries various dyed veneers 0.6mm thick.
Hi Dave

Thanks for the message :D The only thing is that I want the thinner dimensions e.g. 0.2mm, 0.3mm etc, which I can't get without a lot of hassle from veneers!

Best wishes
Dave :D

Chopper
Beefwood

Post by Chopper » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:15 am

Hi Dave,
Bob Cefalu, of RC tonewoods (site sponser) has black and white fibre sheets 150mm wide in 10 and 20 thou. by 30"
Cheers Chopper

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:12 pm

Chopper wrote:Hi Dave,
Bob Cefalu, of RC tonewoods (site sponser) has black and white fibre sheets 150mm wide in 10 and 20 thou. by 30"
Cheers Chopper
Just a point of clarification so people understand why it is a good idea to support those vendors listed in the ANZLF 'Preferred Vendor' area.

All of our preferred vendors have been 'invited' to list their business and sell their wares at the ANZLF because the moderators group are confident that each of them will do their level best to provide our membership with fully backed quality goods and services at a reasonable price.

None of the preferred vendors pay anything for this privilege either by subscription, discount or favour to anyone associated with the moderators group or any other individual. Rather, the status of preferred vendor is recognition of services rendered and seeks to ensure that our membership, especially those new to the craft, can feel confident when dealing with those businesses listed.

Note: The full cost of running the ANZLF is born by our host Bob Connor.

Thanks Bob 8)

Cheers

Kim

Dave
Myrtle

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:52 pm

Chopper wrote:Hi Dave,
Cheers Chopper
Many thanks for you're message Chopper :D I have had a reply from contacted Bob