Music to make instruments by?

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Localele

Music to make instruments by?

Post by Localele » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:52 am

While listening to some music and doing some uke building I had a thought.With all the players and makers out there where is the " ANZLF Shed Music " classic album?It seems to me that if everybody who wanted to be involved sent in a couple of songs we could have a very good mix of music to build and be inspired by.Given MP3 /WMA format it wouldn't be all that hard to email the songs to a central spot to be sorted into a long play album.Hope this idea grows into something worthwhile.
Cheers from Micheal.

Remember the "5P Rule".
Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Mark McLean
Blackwood

Post by Mark McLean » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:16 pm

This will be interesting. We could get some hot debates here, and everyone will show their age. I wonder if any of us will know Jake's suggestions.

Here is my recent playlist: In the workshop I have a bias towards instrumental, not vocal. Guitarists (Lawrence Juber, Pepe D'Agustino, SRV), a lot of Dave Grisman at the moment, Jazz (Miles, Coltrane, Stan Getz, Brubeck, Keith Jarret) also some 70's singer-songwriters (Joni, CSN&Y, Y alone, Van, John Martyn and Nick Drake) Does any of that appeal?
Mark

ozziebluesman
Blackwood

Post by ozziebluesman » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:52 pm

G'day Michael,

Well I reckon its a good idea Michael. I think you mean a combination of music that has been recorded on our hand built instruments???

If thats the case I will put my hand up to co-ordinate the music side of things. I reckon instrumentals would be the go. My tunes are old blues covers so no worries with copyright. That could be an issue that would have to be addressed however, with no price charged for the cd covering someone elses song may not be a problem??

Blank cds are cheap so the only cost will be time and some postage to all the forum members who want a copy!

I have very poor artistry skills. Would someone like to design the cover and inside cover song details???

Cheers

Alan

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:32 pm

I only listen to the cricket.

Do you want me to tape the Aus - New Zealand match today. :D
Bob, Geelong

Mainwaring and Connor Guitars

Clancy
Blackwood

Post by Clancy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Unfortunately my workshop adjoins the kid's room and the only free time I get is at night.
So I listen to the young one crying, and then I listen to the Guitar Widow telling me I've been too noisy, .... again.
Would anyone else like to listen?

Otherwise, like Mark, I'm tuning into the likes of Nick Drake - but mix it up a bit with a good dose of Ed Kuepper or Nick Cave.

Craig

Localele

Post by Localele » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:53 pm

My original thought was for music performed by ANZLF members and/or their instruments.Doesn't worry me if it is instrumental or not.Part of the idea came while listening to some tunes from Ozzieblusman (Alan) and the idea just kept sounding better and better.
Bob that would be a "cover" on the pitch.Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head.
Cheers from Micheal.

Remember the "5P Rule".
Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:55 pm

I hate music.......

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:43 pm

bob wrote:I only listen to the cricket.

Do you want me to tape the Aus - New Zealand match today. :D
A wise guy eh?? :?