So where is Taffy (MacGyver) Evans??

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Kim
Admin

So where is Taffy (MacGyver) Evans??

Post by Kim » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:56 pm

Hope all is OK and our resident Frank Ford has not been washed away with all the flooding on the east coast :( I am sure he will be fine because even if he was caught in a flood he would probably have knocked up a quick ark from odds and sods in the workshop and floated his family off to safety.

Just a little worried that we have not heard from him for a while tis all.

Cheers

Kim

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:40 am

Didn't Taffy mention that he'd be down in Adelaide around now? Perhaps getting a chance to be shown into the deep recesses of Martin's tonewood bunker.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:45 am

Allen wrote: Perhaps getting a chance to be shown into the deep recesses of Martin's tonewood bunker.
So he'll been gone a while then :)
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:29 am

Hope he took his GPS with him so he can find his way back out, I hear it's a jungle in there, or at least it was once anyhow.

Now there's a point, I wonder if all this weird weather with the floods and all could have been caused by the weight of Martin's tonewood collection tilting the planet off it's axis?? Food for thought in that I reckon.:wink:

Cheers

Kim

ozziebluesman
Blackwood

Post by ozziebluesman » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:29 am

I spoke to him about ten days ago in the local music store here in Townsville. Taffy has a son who lives in Adelaide and he is visiting him this month sometime.

Cheers

Alan
Last edited by ozziebluesman on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:20 am

Kim wrote: I wonder if all this weird weather with the floods and all could have been caused by the weight of Martin's tonewood collection tilting the planet off it's axis?? Food for thought in that I reckon.:wink:

Cheers

Kim
Either that or the massive de-forestation just to keep the stocks up are having an effect on global weather patterns.
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Taffy Evans
Blackwood

Post by Taffy Evans » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi all here I am still alive and lutherying and repairing. I've been trying to get all important jobs out of the way before I leave town, 18th April. Every time we go up or down the coast my wife gives me sh** cos Ive either got a guitar or something to pick up or drop off, so I've been trying to keep in the good books...............That was until I arranged to drop off a Gibson Les Paul to a customer in Mt Isa, on our way to Adelaide via Alice Springs. Thanks all for your concern, I'm now playing catch up with all the threads.
Taff