Auriou Rasps available again

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Lillian
Blackwood

Auriou Rasps available again

Post by Lillian » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:36 am

From Lie-Nielsen's newsletter

Auriou Rasps are again being made by Michel Auriou at his new shop, Forge De Saint Juery. Production is very limited. Our first shipment has arrived - the first in North America - and when they are gone we can take your order for a future delivery in 2-3 months.

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/catalog.php?cat=543

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi Lillian,

I nearly wet myself when I saw that these rasps are going to be available. Then I realised it was the rain in the camping chair. Is this a group buy item?
make mine fifths........

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Definitely mate. Im in for a dozen!! :D

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Over the years I have heard of these rasps spoke of with reverence. Never having used or seen one in person, all I can say is, ah, well okay. They may be worth every penny they ask for them, but I'm happy with my dragon rasps I got off of eBay from someone who was dumping all his luthiery stuff at a quarter of its value. But I felt I should share this information for those that are lurking who felt that they may never have the opportunity to own one of their own.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:39 pm

LN's Australian site doesnt list the Aurios. Would be worth ringing them up though and checking if they can get some in...if were buying a few of them it might work out cheaper with shipping etc. The supplier is actually just up the road from me in the Adelaide Hills. Might pay him a visit when I get home.

In the meantime Ive orderd a couple of the rasps from the US website.

Lillian I use the Dragon rasps too..theyre great. BTW a 12" roughing out rasp would work wonders on the chick in your Avatar...... :shock:

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:49 pm

kiwigeo wrote: Lillian I use the Dragon rasps too..theyre great. BTW a 12" roughing out rasp would work wonders on the chick in your Avatar...... :shock:
Ow! Don't you think that's a tad bit harsh? Maybe cut back on the starches first before you take a rasp to her assets.