finally

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

xray
Blackwood

finally

Post by xray » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:03 pm

After much hassle with the resawing guy and reliability, my queensland maple stock has come in and it is as sweet as..... i'll leave that to your imaginations. The good news is the grade of this stuff turned out to be way better than i first thought which is a nice surprise. Everything is on the quarter perfectly with the exception of probably 15 sets out of the numerous that i have. The colour in 75% of the stock is better than any i have seen on the net which is really exciting because it gives me the opportunity to share something that i know is great gear at a better than usual price. The awesome sets (about 10 of) have the most intense fiddle back i have seen in queensland maple yet even looking and searching on the web. These sets i may hold onto because of their rare nature but i may be coaxed into swapping for some equally good fiddled blackwood. anyway the sets i have are now racked out to dry using bobs cool idea and will be ready to head to the buy swap and sell market on this very site within a couple of months when seasoned well enough to travel (12%MC)
If anyone wants to get in early on the action and get the best stuff PM me and i can give you an idea of price and pics of sets and quality. postage from 2830 (nice and close to everywhere!)

the boards shown are still rough sawn and not damped down to show finished colour. They look awesome when damp.