Lack of Progress Report

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Lack of Progress Report

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:00 am

Nothing to offer from my part of the planet unfortunately. Work has gone crazy and I dont get much time in the workshop of late. Current projects are a classical going through an extremely difficult birth (problems with FP on the back), and a 6 string and 12 string Dreadie....the 6 string is undergoing FP and the 12 string is at neck construction stage (body done).

Cheers Martin

Ron Wisdom
Blackwood

Post by Ron Wisdom » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:18 pm

Martin, you have to get your priorities right!! Keep plugging, my friend, you'll have another fine instrument in no time.

Ron

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:22 pm

Can't yell at you bro for what you are going through is just temporary and understandable due to work related reasons too but i'm sure we'll hear strings ringin' in no time in that great shop of yours.

Come on Martin, string 'em up already! :D
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:54 pm

Martin my friend I can relate - when I find myself in a building rut I buy wood....... :lol: That usually reignites the spark in me to get into the shop and build........

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:08 am

Hesh mate, buying wood is adding to my woes. Shelves are full and now the stuff is piling up on the benches. Got 30 Englemann tops due in from Graham in Canada and also some booty from Tim "Mr Cool" Spittle.

Started a little repair job yesterday to take my mind off the PITA french polish job on the classical....am rejigging a right hand Ibanez acoustic for a left handed player. I cant believe the guy has been playing the thing for years and not noticed the intonation is way out....original saddle position is way off, someone must have had a hangover at the Ibanez factory the day they stuck the sadle in.