Archtop Tops

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

needsmorecowbel
Blackwood

Archtop Tops

Post by needsmorecowbel » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi guys if anyone is ordering some Archtop tops fairly soon could you post below if your are interested:

I am looking to split/ share an order of some tops...i am sure we could reach a mutually beneficial arrangement where i could pay some shipping costs making it cheaper for the "importer"
-Preferably Euro Spruce, Has to be imported within AUSTRALIA (would be best if in VICTORIA but can work something out)...

Cheers,

Stu

rocket
Blackwood

Re: Archtop Tops

Post by rocket » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Stu,, if you're interested, Mathews timber in Vermont might be able to supply you with some sitka spruce, i've purchased there before, and some of their spruce is quite nice. But if you definitely want to import some tops, i was getting ready to order some from Stumac, i believe the stuff they're selling at the moment is Engleman, so if that sounds like the way you want to go, p.m. me and we can organise something.
Cheers,,, Rod.
Like I said before the crash, " Hit the bloody thing, it won't hit ya back

www.octiganguitars.com

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Brent Cole at Alaska Specialty Woods is another that sells quality spruce (Sitka, which is damn fine for Archies unless you specifically wanted European(?) ) & shipping isn't that scary. You could email him for an idea of shipping costs I'm sure.
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

ozziebluesman
Blackwood

Post by ozziebluesman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:30 pm

G'day Stu,

I have been in contact with Shane at High Mountain Tonewoods recently and placed an order for two archtop top sets. One will be some old WR cedar he has and the other is Lutz. I've had to wait a little while as he dosen't have stock on hand and I think it is drying at the present. Shane is one of our forum reccommended wood venders and his wood is second to none. The price is $80 a set for AA/A or $145 a set for the best stuff plus shipping from Canada which is not expensive, but is does take up to eight weeks to arrive. That dosen't phase me as I am not in a real hurry for the wood. I have bought wood from Shane before and he is a great guy and excellent to deal with.

Hope this suggestion may help you!

Cheers

Alan
"Play to express, not to impress"

Alan Hamley

http://www.hamleyfineguitars.com/