Online Classical Guitar Building Course

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Robbie O'Brien
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Online Classical Guitar Building Course

Post by Robbie O'Brien » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:33 am

I am pleased to announce that after wasting way too much time and money I have launched an online classical guitar building course. This course with over 25 hours of video covers a complete build from start to finish and some extras like soundports, tornavoz, binding the soundhole, choosing soundboard material, French polish etc.
For those that are interested you can find more info at:

http://www.obrienguitars.com/?page_id=84

There are some free videos and sample lessons to give you an idea about what to expect.
www.obrienguitars.com

kiwinoz62
Blackwood

Re: Online Classical Guitar Building Course

Post by kiwinoz62 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 am

Hi,
Am I missing something? None of the video lessons work for me.
cheers wayne . . .

'keep on strummin'

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:14 am

Wayne, which videos were you looking at? The promo ran for me.

kiwinoz62
Blackwood

Post by kiwinoz62 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 am

Hi Lillian,
Tried the promo & a few videos from Chapter 1.
I just get a grey screen with a circle spinning round & the word Videolla, but nothing loads, maybe I dont have the correct programme/software?
cheers wayne . . .

'keep on strummin'

Robbie O'Brien
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Post by Robbie O'Brien » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:45 am

kiwinoz62 wrote:Hi Lillian,
Tried the promo & a few videos from Chapter 1.
I just get a grey screen with a circle spinning round & the word Videolla, but nothing loads, maybe I dont have the correct programme/software?

Hum...must be a problem on your end. Everything seems to be working fine from my end.
You should be able to click on any of the video lessons and watch a 20 second preview.
www.obrienguitars.com

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:29 am

Congrats Robbie, looks like you've put a lot of work into these videos :cl :cl :cl
Any plans to release the whole course onto DVD at some stage or is this going to be purely an online thing?
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Wayne, it might be your virus software blocking it.

Robbie, yay! Thanks for doing this.

kiwinoz62
Blackwood

Post by kiwinoz62 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Thanks Lillian & Robbie, computers drive me nuts. . .
cheers wayne . . .

'keep on strummin'

Robbie O'Brien
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Post by Robbie O'Brien » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:40 am

Nick wrote:Congrats Robbie, looks like you've put a lot of work into these videos :cl :cl :cl
Any plans to release the whole course onto DVD at some stage or is this going to be purely an online thing?
Thanks everyone. Yes, I did put a lot of time and energy into these videos...way too much! :lol:
I believe they are very good and just as good as being with me in my shop. The finishing chapter alone ,French polish, is over 5 hours of video instruction.
At this moment I have no intention of releasing these videos on DVD. However, you can view them online or download them. Have I gone nuts??!! :shock:
www.obrienguitars.com

kiwinoz62
Blackwood

Post by kiwinoz62 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have just finished downloading & watching this guitar building course by Robbie, which is well worth the money. (unbiased opinion)

Robbie, congratulations on putting together a very well documented and informative series of videos.
The step by step instructions you provided are top class and the way you went about your work routine and explained your build method was so simple & easy.
I enjoyed the french polish session & the finish you achieved - wow, I did'nt realise it could be so easy.
I'm just a novice at this luthier stuff but you have given me the boost I require to finish my first guitar, and hopefully many more. . .

I look forward to when you will bring out a steel string guitar building course? ? ?

All the best Robbie.
cheers wayne . . .

'keep on strummin'

Robbie O'Brien
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Post by Robbie O'Brien » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:51 am

kiwinoz62 wrote:Hi Everyone,
I have just finished downloading & watching this guitar building course by Robbie, which is well worth the money. (unbiased opinion)

Robbie, congratulations on putting together a very well documented and informative series of videos.
The step by step instructions you provided are top class and the way you went about your work routine and explained your build method was so simple & easy.
I enjoyed the french polish session & the finish you achieved - wow, I did'nt realise it could be so easy.
I'm just a novice at this luthier stuff but you have given me the boost I require to finish my first guitar, and hopefully many more. . .

I look forward to when you will bring out a steel string guitar building course? ? ?

All the best Robbie.

Thank you very much. I am glad you are enjoying the video lessons.
I am currently in the process of filming a steel string version and hope to have it available next year.

Happy Building!
Robbie
www.obrienguitars.com

Ron M.
Wandoo

Post by Ron M. » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Hey everyone,
I purchased the "Binding The Soundhole" segment of the video and It is very well produced and comprehensive. I will also purchase the "French Polish Technique - Sealing" segment.
I'm just interested in certain segments because I'm not building a classical guitar. Robbie do you plan on releasing a steel string online video course? I would be interested in purchasing the entire video.

Ron

Robbie O'Brien
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Post by Robbie O'Brien » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:18 am

Ron M. wrote:Hey everyone,
I purchased the "Binding The Soundhole" segment of the video and It is very well produced and comprehensive. I will also purchase the "French Polish Technique - Sealing" segment.
I'm just interested in certain segments because I'm not building a classical guitar. Robbie do you plan on releasing a steel string online video course? I would be interested in purchasing the entire video.

Ron
Yes, I do plan on offerring a steel string online course. I am in the process of filming it. Just yesterday I filmed the binding installation. I hope to be finished filming by July and then let the editing begin. If all goes well. I hope to have the course available early next year.
www.obrienguitars.com

Ron M.
Wandoo

Post by Ron M. » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:42 am

Robbie O'Brien wrote:
Ron M. wrote:Hey everyone,

Ron
Yes, I do plan on offerring a steel string online course. I am in the process of filming it. Just yesterday I filmed the binding installation. I hope to be finished filming by July and then let the editing begin. If all goes well. I hope to have the course available early next year.
Great, Thanks