Allied Luthiers Truss Rod Group Buy

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:24 pm

I just got a update that our truss rods have cleared Australian customs on the 18th. I expect them to show up early in the week.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Thanks for the update Allen

Cheers

Kim

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 am

OK, all the charges have come through on my bank account so here is a rundown for everyone.

A little hard to see, but the total charges for truss rods, shipping, and foreign currency conversion fees comes to $1471.04 AU. Total number of truss rods is 102, to give us a cost of $14.42 Australian per truss rod.

To give you an idea of the savings, Truss rods are $18 US each or $20.93 AU plus shipping from the US and foreign currency conversion.

We still have shipping costs from Cairns to you.
Allen R. McFarlen
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:25 pm

The truss rods have arrived this afternoon. I've broken down the order and have everyones stash neatly piled. Just got to get some packaging and all of your details, so if by chance my PM didn't get to you, or somehow I missed you, can you please get your details to me. I'll let each of you know what your total ends up being after the local shipping is going to be.

Thanks to all of you for participating.
Allen R. McFarlen
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Thanks go firmly with you Allen for putting this together for the group, good work and very much appreciated.

Cheers

Kim

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:04 am

Just an update about the order. When I unpacked it and had a look at the invoice, it turned out that we had been charged for shipping and handling twice. Once built into the price of the truss rods, and another invoice separate from the original.

I contacted Todd and he informed me they had a stuff up in the rush to get our order out before they were out of the shop for a week. They have credited my account, so the upshot of this is that I'll have to recalculate the price per rod, and it will be less than previously stated.

I'd also like to say that Todd was very prompt about correcting this, and he's been great to deal with.
Allen R. McFarlen
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:17 pm

I've got the credit for shipping back and I've recalculated the price per rod. The final price is $12.97 AU/rod.

I have everyones orders ready to go out in the mail, and if I can find a Post Office open tomorrow, that's when they will go out. Otherwise it will have to be on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay, but we're having monsoonal rains, and there's just no way that I'm going to venture out on my motorcycle loaded up with parcels, trying to get to a post office.

Once they're in the mail, I'll contact each of you to tell you your total bill, along with my bank details.
Allen R. McFarlen
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:21 pm

I managed to get everyone's parcel out in the Saturday Mail. I've PM everyone with their total owing and my bank details. If for some reason you didn't get the message, drop me a note and I will get the details to you.

Thanks everyone for participating. It's a fair bit of work putting a group buy together, and hopefully everyone is satisfied with the truss rods and savings that we got.
Allen R. McFarlen
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

joel
Blackwood

Post by joel » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:55 pm

They arrived today!

Very nice truss rods. Now I just have to carve a few necks for them to go in!

Thanks Allen. Top job.

Joel.
- If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs. - David Daye.

- The mouth of a happy man is filled with beer. -

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:51 pm

I got my truss rods today :D What a fantastic saving, if I had all the money I have in my account now back then I would have ordered a shitload more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks heaps Allen, this has been a very successful group buy for all of us who were lucky enough to get on board.

Cheers

Kim

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Mine arrived today as well.

Many thanks Allen for putting this together.

Bob

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:33 pm

I've just gone through the bank statement, and everyone's payment that has indicated so has gone through. Thanks very much everyone for the prompt payment.

When it works out like this, then it's not such a burden to put your hand up next time to put something like this together.

Thanks to everyone that participated, and if you are kicking yourself for not getting in on it, then there will always be next year. :lol:
Allen R. McFarlen
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Craig
Admin

Post by Craig » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:49 pm

Yes , thanks a heap Allen . They are great rods . I appreciate the trouble you went to for us all. A very successful group buy.

Cheers , Craig

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:38 pm

The rods arrived okay. The wife caught the postie trying to jam them into the newspaper hole in the mailbox. Took a bit of effort to get them unjammed but they were well packed and sounds like theyre ok.

Now...to get off this damn rig and home to check out the booty.

Thanks alot Allen for the effort youve gone to puting this deal together.

Cheers Martin