Supporting ANZLF?

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

nnickusa
Blackwood

Supporting ANZLF?

Post by nnickusa » Thu May 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Don't know if this is the correct place for this, but, my Ibanez site is being threatened with closing down, and/or strictly limiting the access fo members, and more importantly for visitors....

I make anannual donation via paypal to that site to help the one man who rather selflessly, with the help of a few advertising dollars( now eliminated) and contributions from members, keeps the whole thing up and running.

This isn't a poor ICW thread, but, is there a mechanism in place to make contributions to this quite excellent place, to help Bob keep it all up?

I may have missed the port, but I did have a look :?
I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am....

Cheers,
Nick

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DMI-hand ... 744?ref=hl

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Supporting ANZLF?

Post by kiwigeo » Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Kim and I can send you our bank account details if you like :mrgreen:
Martin

nnickusa
Blackwood

Post by nnickusa » Thu May 24, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm not sure that's the same thing.... :P

Seriously, usually send over $100 a year to help ICW. I'm more than happy to contribute here too...

I've learned an awful lot since I found you guys, and am more than willing to help keep this place going.... :cl

Cheers,
Nick

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Thu May 24, 2012 9:15 pm

It really doesn't cost me a lot of time or money to keep the place going so I'd be just as happy for you to put that money towards a nice set of tonewood for yourself. :D

A few years back I needed to build a new server and our preferred vendors donated wood which we auctioned and paid for the new equipment. The wood sold for a fairly reasonable price if I remember correctly. So everyone ended up a winner out of that. If I need upgrades again I'll go down the same route.

The server itself sits beneath the desk in my office at home, so if my ISP goes down, so does the forum. If I'm away from home and something happens it may take until I get home to reboot the server. It may mean a slight inconvenience from time to time but we don't have to pay someone to host the forum on their server so the costs are negligable.

By the way if I do ever meet any of you in a pub a pint of Guinness would be more than appreciated :gui

Regards
Bob, Geelong

Mainwaring and Connor Guitars

Trevor Gore
Blackwood

Post by Trevor Gore » Fri May 25, 2012 9:35 am

Bob,

You're doing a great job. I owe you a crate!

nnickusa
Blackwood

Post by nnickusa » Fri May 25, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks, Bob.

Just wanted to see if I could help out in any way. Should we bump heads in a pub, I'll definitely slide one over :gui

This is a really helpful forum :cl

Cheers,
Nick

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Fri May 25, 2012 11:40 am

nnickusa wrote:This is a really helpful forum :cl
Yeah but don't let it get out Nick, there are certain "offshore" forums that think they're the most useful! :wink: :lol:
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Jeremy D
Admin

Post by Jeremy D » Fri May 25, 2012 5:55 pm

I would be interested to know how much bandwidth this place uses. We have a full rack in pipe networks in Brisbane with unlimited data. If you ever wanted to get it out from under your desk and into an enterprise environment I might be able to help out. :wink:
Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri May 25, 2012 5:57 pm

BBk wrote:I would be interested to know how much bandwidth this place uses. We have a full rack in pipe networks in Brisbane with unlimited data. If you ever wanted to get it out from under your desk and into an enterprise environment I might be able to help out. :wink:
Bob forgot to mention he uses the server to warm his feet while seated at his desk.
Martin

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Fri May 25, 2012 11:43 pm

It uses very little bandwidth. Besides I can toast me crumpets on the server when you blokes get wound up :lol:
Bob, Geelong

Mainwaring and Connor Guitars

Dominic
Blackwood

Post by Dominic » Sat May 26, 2012 12:56 am

Bob, Well, I got a nice classical sized set of tiger myrtle at that auction and I am just in the process of putting it together. I remember I got it from Bob but could not remember what the auction was for.
Nice B&S set so thanks to the sponsors (Tim) and thanks bob for the effort.

Kim said once that as an economist I should understand that you are doing it for nothing. I didn't want to argue at the time but an economist would have none of that and would say by definition you must gain some 'utility' from running the site because we are all rational utility maximising agents. Perhaps its good Karma in this instance but I am sure it must be rewarding at some level and the longer it lasts the more it becomes an institution and so long as it stays easy for you to run, you gain more utility. So again, let me express my gratitude for your efforts and as a representative economic agent, may you always be maximising your gains rather than minimising your losses.
Cheers
Dom
You can bomb the world to pieces,
but you can't bomb the world to peace!

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Tue May 29, 2012 3:28 am

Bob Connor wrote:...By the way if I do ever meet any of you in a pub a pint of Guinness would be more than appreciated :gui

Regards
Did you know that, as a nod to the rugged spirit of Australia, the small Guinness brewery in Marble Bar, WA actually puts 150cc of Red Kangaroo joey urine and 3cc of Inland Taipan venom in each vat of the local brew?

Cheers, mate! :gui

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Tue May 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Dennis Leahy wrote:
Bob Connor wrote:...By the way if I do ever meet any of you in a pub a pint of Guinness would be more than appreciated :gui

Regards
Did you know that, as a nod to the rugged spirit of Australia, the small Guinness brewery in Marble Bar, WA actually puts 150cc of Red Kangaroo joey urine and 3cc of Inland Taipan venom in each vat of the local brew?

Cheers, mate! :gui

Dennis
Geez ripped off again!! So when did they start watering it down Dennis?

Cheers

Kim