When buying machines from China

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

charangohabsburg
Blackwood

Re: When buying machines from China

Post by charangohabsburg » Tue May 06, 2014 12:49 am

Sounds like you will soon go into production of CNC machines Steve. Seriously, this would not be the worst turn of the story!
Markus

To be stupid is like to be dead. Oneself will not be aware of it.
It's only the others who suffer.

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Tue May 06, 2014 12:50 am

Nah, my very cnc router I made myself, very happy with it, but commercial routers are IMO better, well most of the time
Steve
Master of nothing,

Do your own repairs - http://www.mirwa.com.au/How_to_Series.html

Taffy Evans
Blackwood

Post by Taffy Evans » Tue May 06, 2014 6:46 am

Hi Steve, sorry to hear of all the troubles you've had with this deal. I suppose one could get burnt buying Chinese goods from within Aussie. At least it would be easier to front them.
Chinese takeaway ain't what it used to be. And the Chinee Apple Tree [called other names] found hereabouts is a pain in the butt, and their ripoff guitars......don't mention the guitars :(
Taff

demonx
Blackwood

Post by demonx » Tue May 06, 2014 7:17 am

simso wrote: I was that pissed off after opening the box, I just walked away for the weekend, will take photos next week
I can sympathise and understand the gut wrenching, sickening feeling that can cause. Sorry to hear its a dud after so much effort.

I've been there myself more than once. The worst time was the last car I bought from USA sight unseen, which is always a gamble.

They provided several photos, endless descriptions, answered all my questions over multiple phone calls. I'd had the car inspected by someone I found myself over the Internet. It was a corvette stingray that was meant to be daily driver quality. I've owned several Chevys and multiple corvettes, so I know what to look for and ask about IF I'm getting honest answers that is.

What arrived was what we would call a write off, had been in front and rear accident and rather than make or repair new panels they were all bondo and cracking up. The "new interior" was so rotted the carpet crumbled in my hands. Not to mention rat nests and the rats had chewed all the wiring and optic fibre looms. The whole underbody of the car was wasp nests. (Glad Australian customs found all this???) The convertible top was so rotted when I tried to hose it clean the water cut it like a knife. No brakes. Engine didn't run. Tires were so old and rotted they were flat. I could go on and on but I'll spare you.

I lost forty grand on that deal by the time i dropped money into it in an attempt to get the car up and running. I should have just sold it as a wreck the day it arrived. Turned out the pics I'd been sent we're taken when the car was resprayed in 1981.

Anyway, hope my story makes you feel at least a tiny bit better.

scuffle
Myrtle

Post by scuffle » Sat May 17, 2014 9:40 am

hey steve this whole thing sucks big time. I would be curious to see the actual machine you got.

Have you made any modifications to it yet?
---
Cheers,
Andrew Hobson

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Sat May 17, 2014 2:57 pm

Can do, I have ordered some steel parts to start the modification, but time is an issue at the momment, Im looking at moving the machine home, so I can work on it after work hrs and on weekends
Steve
Master of nothing,

Do your own repairs - http://www.mirwa.com.au/How_to_Series.html