New Luthier's Forum - LuthierforumAustraliaNewZealand.com

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Re: New Luthier's Forum - LuthierforumAustraliaNewZealand.co

Post by Dennis Leahy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:02 pm

kiwigeo wrote:"Kim and Martin are there for not truthful and were banned for underhanded abuse of our policy.

If you get banned from Luthierforums many Sites you are a bad tas. "

Anyone here know what a "bad tas" is?

I think Bob is from Tasmania originally so yes he's probably a bad tas. I'm from New Zealand and have never been to Tasmania and Kim I think is from WA.....we can't possibly be bad tas's.
Oh, I shouldn't bother, but for the sake of anyone that gloogles AFLNZ LMFAO or luthierforumaustralianewzealand, they should find this thread first.

Ironic that Kim (and I) caught Mario breaking into the private message system at Mario's forum - then he lied when confronted about it, then "banned us." So now he declares Kim to be "not truthful?" What a steaming pile of kangaroo turds. That dumbass doesn't know enough to admit a mistake, and is still adding lies to try to cover-up lies from 4 or 5 years ago? Pathetic.

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:23 pm

Dennis Leahy wrote:What a steaming pile of kangaroo turds. That dumbass doesn't know enough to admit a mistake, and is still adding lies to try to cover-up lies from 4 or 5 years ago? Pathetic.

Dennis
Come on Dennis, no holding back now, tell us what you really think of the guy! :wink:

And I agree with Jim, why all the Oz pics? cuddly VD infested koala's and vicious roo's coupled with a four laned traffic jam! Why can't we have cuddly tuatara, and eye gouging magpie and our own four laned traffic jam that is otherwise known as the Auckland harbour bridge!

Haha, it goes to prove the sort of advertising philosophy Mr De Costa employs (you can claim anything when you don't have to provide facts) when he labels his site #1 when it's so much in it's infancy that it's still shitting black!
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

needsmorecowbel
Blackwood

Post by needsmorecowbel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:31 pm

ANZLF BREAKING NEWS:

*****Bob's Approval rating sinks to a shocking low of 100%*****

AUCTION AUCTION AUCTION AUCTION AUCTION
Mario's extensive bong collection will go under the hammer at 4pm AEST
There are 11 items up for sale this afternoon.
This piece is titled: "GANGA GUITAR"
Size: 26 cm,

Don't Be "Green" with envy, Own this one of a kind master grade stonedware

Stu

Kev3
Blackwood

Post by Kev3 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:41 pm

OK -so I admit I went over to this site just to check out what the heck was going on.
….but seriously, I couldn't be bothered to wait for the home screen to fully load. Much as I wanted a bit of a laugh I just don't have the patience to wait for obviously hugely oversized graphics to load from what must be a steam powered server.
Perhaps Bob could help out this digitally challenged chap with some advice on how to streamline things a bit ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kevin

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Dennis Leahy wrote: What a steaming pile of kangaroo turds.

Dennis
Jesuz Dennis.....you're actually starting to sound like an Aussie mate.
Martin

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Kev3 wrote: Perhaps Bob could help out this digitally challenged chap with some advice on how to streamline things a bit ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Getting rid of the wood ads would speed things up immensely. The Polls on Kim, Bob and myself must also dragging down bandwidth as millions of people people log in from all over the planet to cast their vote and stick the virtual boot into the hapless kangaroo convict luthiers.

We tugged on Spruceman's cape and now we're paying the price.... :shock:
Martin

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:29 pm

Dennis Leahy wrote: Oh, I shouldn't bother, but for the sake of anyone that gloogles AFLNZ LMFAO or luthierforumaustralianewzealand, they should find this thread first.

Ironic that Kim (and I) caught Mario breaking into the private message system at Mario's forum - then he lied when confronted about it, then "banned us." So now he declares Kim to be "not truthful?" What a steaming pile of kangaroo turds. That dumbass doesn't know enough to admit a mistake, and is still adding lies to try to cover-up lies from 4 or 5 years ago? Pathetic.

Dennis
Thanks Dennis...for everyone's info this is 'NOT' simply speculation.

Back then I had been a member of Mario DeCosta's forum. In case you missed it, back on the first page of this thread, I had explained how I had repeated issues with the wood being sent to me by that vendor. As Dennis was my closest friend at that forum, I had sent him the occasional PM one of which was asking advice on how he thinks I should approach Mario in relation to my problem with his wood.

At that particular time I had 'not' made 'any' contact with Mario about the issue. So I was a little surprised when he had then contacted me about problems with my order...Remarkably perceptive I thought..But then, a few month later, the very same series of events repeated themselves...Just after I had sent a PM to Dennis suggesting that perhaps Mario has some kind of learning impairment as he continued to repeat the very same mistake in packing, again, and again, and again.. Mario contacted me out of the blue to inquire about the problem 'before' I had contacted him...I was impressed by his remarkable intuition...but in truth, had assumed that perhaps Dennis, being the helpful bloke he is, had been contacting Mario on my behalf, so I simply overlooked these strange coincidences.

But then...it happened 'again'. Only this time it had involved a mahogany neck blank I won in a Mario raffle, and a hardwood vendor by the name of Kent (I think?), with whom Mario had gone into cahoots with for his Saturday auctions..You see I sent Dennis a PM suggesting that Kent was less than up front because I had not heard a word from him since I won that neck billet which Kent had put up as a prize...Low and behold, shortly after I sent that PM to Dennis, both Mario and Kent had contacted me about the issue....I asked Dennis if he had contacted Mario about the matter? His reply...NO!.....by now I was pretty suspicious.

I knew that Mario ran his own server. I also knew he had access to the hard drive upon which his forum's software, and therefore members PM's were stored. Some month later Mario made a general announcement at his forum that there will be some changes. He wanted everyone to start posting builds using his wood or to go elsewhere. He also announced that 'anyone' who wants to sell wood of any kind on his forum, would now need to pay him an annual fee of $2000.

This bombshell sat wrong with both Dennis and myself. We both responded by pointing out to Mario that the content at his forum responsible for attracting people to his site was in fact generated by the members, and in particular, how his new rules were a direct attack on the member Grant Goltz, whom had been tireless in his production of many excellent pictorials to help other forum members, and the generator of some brilliant ideas..(but he knows jack about glue :wink: ) because he would be expected to pay 2K a year just to move a few back and side sets.

During this heated debate in which each of our posts where being immediately deleted by Mario, I had been in contact with Dennis on the form via PM, and also by our personal email addresses to which Mario had no access. In one of those emails I had explained to Dennis how I would soon be sending him a PM at the forum that should evoke a response from Mario if he is indeed hacking our PM exchange. I sent Dennis a PM containing very descriptive Aussie flavour and derogatory remarks about Mario and his behavior...

Very shortly after, in what was an attempt by him to cool things down, Mario had repeated some of the unique terminology contained in my PM to Dennis, on the open forum...verbatim..Not once, but on 2 or 3 occasions...To us it was clear that he WAS reading members PM's...

As Dennis said, we then confronted him about it, and he deleted our accounts...not just ours though, but Grant Goltz's and anyone else who cried foul play...including his head administrator at that time Eben Attwater..Mario also locked all topics to prevent ex-members from downloading copies of their own content..it did not help him much because a few days after his childish meltdown had set fire to his own forum, a new forum was up and running with assistance from Bob Connor for those of the exodus called (TLC) The Luthiers Community: http://www.luthiercom.org/

So Mario, the bloke who has never even made a guitar, has hijacked all the ex-members input he had compiled over a number of years and claimed it as his own. But he could not stop the sole of that community from sprouting again, just as he cannot hide from the fact that whilst beauty may only be skin deep, ugliness goes all the way to the bone..eh Mario...do us all a favour and slide back under your rock you gelatinous sleazy cretin, cause you ain't fooling anyone here with your stupid leopard piss, curly wang, monkey nuts hyper marketing bullshit. :arrow:

Fuck Off

Kim

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Mario likes to think he banned me from his forum. The truth is after receiving the two loads of shitty wood I decided to give up hope of getting what I'd paid for and no longer had a desire to have anything whatsoever to do with da Costa and his business. Accordingly I asked Mario to remove me as a member of his forum and I also asked him to take me off his mailing list. After about 12 months the spammy emails finally stopped arriving
Martin

jeffhigh
Blackwood

Post by jeffhigh » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:42 pm

I have recommended this new forum to Tassie Jo Bob

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:59 pm

jeffhigh wrote:I have recommended this new forum to Tassie Jo Bob
You mean two headed Bob??
Martin

ozwood
Blackwood

Post by ozwood » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:12 pm

You mean two headed,transvestite,lumberjack Bob.
Paul .

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:20 pm

ozwood wrote:You mean two headed,transvestite,lumberjack Bob.
That's the fella!
Martin

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:14 am

Kim wrote:
Dennis Leahy wrote: Oh, I shouldn't bother, but for the sake of anyone that gloogles AFLNZ LMFAO or luthierforumaustralianewzealand, they should find this thread first.

Dennis
Thanks Dennis...for everyone's info this is 'NOT' simply speculation.

Back then I had been a member of Mario DeCosta's forum. In case you missed it, back on the first page of this thread, I had explained how I had repeated issues with the wood being sent to me by that vendor. As Dennis was my closest friend at that forum, I had sent him the occasional PM one of which was asking advice on how he thinks I should approach Mario in relation to my problem with his wood.

At that particular time I had 'not' made 'any' contact with Mario about the issue. So I was a little surprised when he had then contacted me about problems with my order...Remarkably perceptive I thought..But then, a few month later, the very same series of events repeated themselves...Just after I had sent a PM to Dennis suggesting that perhaps Mario has some kind of learning impairment as he continued to repeat the very same mistake in packing, again, and again, and again.. Mario contacted me out of the blue to inquire about the problem 'before' I had contacted him...I was impressed by his remarkable intuition...but in truth, had assumed that perhaps Dennis, being the helpful bloke he is, had been contacting Mario on my behalf, so I simply overlooked these strange coincidences.

But then...it happened 'again'. Only this time it had involved a mahogany neck blank I won in a Mario raffle, and a hardwood vendor by the name of Kent (I think?), with whom Mario had gone into cahoots with for his Saturday auctions..You see I sent Dennis a PM suggesting that Kent was less than up front because I had not heard a word from him since I won that neck billet which Kent had put up as a prize...Low and behold, shortly after I sent that PM to Dennis, both Mario and Kent had contacted me about the issue....I asked Dennis if he had contacted Mario about the matter? His reply...NO!.....by now I was pretty suspicious.

I knew that Mario ran his own server. I also knew he had access to the hard drive upon which his forum's software, and therefore members PM's were stored. Some month later Mario made a general announcement at his forum that there will be some changes. He wanted everyone to start posting builds using his wood or to go elsewhere. He also announced that 'anyone' who wants to sell wood of any kind on his forum, would now need to pay him an annual fee of $2000.

This bombshell sat wrong with both Dennis and myself. We both responded by pointing out to Mario that the content at his forum responsible for attracting people to his site was in fact generated by the members, and in particular, how his new rules were a direct attack on the member Grant Goltz, whom had been tireless in his production of many excellent pictorials to help other forum members, and the generator of some brilliant ideas..(but he knows jack about glue :wink: ) because he would be expected to pay 2K a year just to move a few back and side sets.

During this heated debate in which each of our posts where being immediately deleted by Mario, I had been in contact with Dennis on the form via PM, and also by our personal email addresses to which Mario had no access. In one of those emails I had explained to Dennis how I would soon be sending him a PM at the forum that should evoke a response from Mario if he is indeed hacking our PM exchange. I sent Dennis a PM containing very descriptive Aussie flavour and derogatory remarks about Mario and his behavior...

Very shortly after, in what was an attempt by him to cool things down, Mario had repeated some of the unique terminology contained in my PM to Dennis, on the open forum...verbatim..Not once, but on 2 or 3 occasions...To us it was clear that he WAS reading members PM's...

As Dennis said, we then confronted him about it, and he deleted our accounts...not just ours though, but Grant Goltz's and anyone else who cried foul play...including his head administrator at that time Eben Attwater..Mario also locked all topics to prevent ex-members from downloading copies of their own content..it did not help him much because a few days after his childish meltdown had set fire to his own forum, a new forum was up and running with assistance from Bob Connor for those of the exodus called (TLC) The Luthiers Community: http://www.luthiercom.org/

So Mario, the bloke who has never even made a guitar, has hijacked all the ex-members input he had compiled over a number of years and claimed it as his own. But he could not stop the sole of that community from sprouting again, just as he cannot hide from the fact that whilst beauty may only be skin deep, ugliness goes all the way to the bone..eh Mario...do us all a favour and slide back under your rock you gelatinous sleazy cretin, cause you ain't fooling anyone here with your stupid leopard piss, curly wang, monkey nuts hyper marketing bullshit. :arrow:

Fuck Off

Kim
:cl :cl :cl :lol:

p.s. I think Eben quit on his own.

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:22 am

What is it with these looney lumberjacks? Seems to me Shane Neiffer is the only sane logger in BC.

Shane must be using different fuel in his chainsaws...the fumes aren't making him crazy.
Martin

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:34 pm

I have had many stuff ups, its human nature, brain in neutral, but I have seen some magnificent damages pre repair, some of them leave you scratching your head going, how the.... what the...

Now that would be an interesting sub forum,

Whoops wrong post = lucky that wasnt a guitar, talk about brain in neutral.
Steve
Master of nothing,

Do your own repairs - http://www.mirwa.com.au/How_to_Series.html

rocket
Blackwood

Post by rocket » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Wow!! Kim :cl
Rod.
Like I said before the crash, " Hit the bloody thing, it won't hit ya back

www.octiganguitars.com

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:03 pm

simso wrote:I have had many stuff ups, its human nature, brain in neutral, but I have seen some magnificent damages pre repair, some of them leave you scratching your head going, how the.... what the...

Now that would be an interesting sub forum,

Whoops wrong post = lucky that wasnt a guitar, talk about brain in neutral.
You been sniffing two stroke mixture too.....??
Martin

ckngumbo
Blackwood

Post by ckngumbo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:50 pm

SNIP
kiwigeo wrote:Mario likes to think he banned me from his forum. The truth is after receiving the two loads of shitty wood I decided to give up hope of getting what I'd paid for and no longer had a desire to have anything whatsoever to do with da Costa and his business.
BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :cl

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:00 pm

ckngumbo wrote:SNIP
kiwigeo wrote:Mario likes to think he banned me from his forum. The truth is after receiving the two loads of shitty wood I decided to give up hope of getting what I'd paid for and no longer had a desire to have anything whatsoever to do with da Costa and his business.
BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :cl
Unlike Kim I never actually posted or PM'ed anybody on the stupid f***er's forum...
Martin

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:54 pm

kiwigeo wrote:...Unlike Kim I never actually posted or PM'ed anybody on the stupid f***er's forum...
Remember, in spite of the bloviating megalomaniac's insistence that it was HIS forum, it was really about 30 to 50 active posting members' forum - the heart and soul of any forum isn't a server or admin functionality, it's the members and the content they share. I got a chance to meet Kim there, :cl and several dozen other excellent luthiers - even got a chance to get spat upon by William Cumpiano. :roll: Good times! hahahahaha

At first, the soup was good; Mario was just a fly in the soup. Later, he started really believing his own hype and turned the mega-hype-amplifier to 11, mistakenly believed he was responsible for and due admiration for the content in the forum, and finally, he took a great big stinky hippopotamus-sized shit in the soup pot.

youtu.be/

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:06 pm

Hey Dennis......it looks like you're also "bad tas". See here for Sprucegooseman's latest outburst:

http://luthierforumaustralianewzealand. ... ilder-.htm

"Big Mouths No class AND ARE MORE THAN that they are bad dingos"

Bad dingos???? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Martin

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Dennis Leahy wrote:

youtu.be/

Dennis
:lmao :lmao

Oh dear Dennis.......you're definitely bad tas and also a VERY bad dingo!!
Martin

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Mario hasn't a clue what a bad dingo is.

For those of you not familiar with dingos....THIS is a bad dingo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ja9XhnAyU
Martin

needsmorecowbel
Blackwood

Post by needsmorecowbel » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:58 pm

"http://luthierforumaustralianewzealand. ... ilder-.htm"

Someone please inform Mario that he put this article it in the wrong section. Should be in tutorials in either

"How to Dig A Hole"
or
"Utilising Poor Grammar"

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:33 pm

"Any press is good press" applies here. This veracity-challenged windbag has already gotten too much attention. It was just important to note that this liar Mario impugning Kim's character needed a public comment in this thread. Kim has more integrity in his boogers than Mario has amassed in his lifetime.

I want to make sure that anyone that does a web search about Mario's brand new (so-called) "#1 Luthier's Forum Down Under" - hahahahahah, the "forum" with 3 members and no posts - should serve as an indication of the modus operandi of this fork-tongued used car salesman.

I'll add that this sleazebag actually called my home and left an answering machine message threatening to "jump onto a plane and come down and settle this" when he was exposed publicly as a serial liar.

So, for any luthier who happens to find themselves in this thread after an internet search based on the forum name Mario chose to be as close to this one as possible, realize that in the lutherie world, off-colored wood is a downgrade, and is not made more valuable by assigning some silly name to the wood. If you want to try wood from that part of Canada, look up "High Mountain Tonewoods." Shane Neifer always graded tops honestly, and provided excellent material (and though he is getting out of the business, he is selling the business - so there should still be a way to get this wood without the juvenile marketing hype and overcharging from Mario.)

Still not sure what I'll do with the tops I bought from Mario that are mismatched (non-consecutive slices), too thin, or are too thin to sand away the felt-tip marker scribbles Mario put on the wood. Or the lower quality, too thin replacement set that he sent when I complained about a non-usable set. Potential soundboard buyers: Caveat emptor and good luck - you'll need it.

Dennis
Another damn Yank!