Transfer of HMTC

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Shane Neifer
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Transfer of HMTC

Post by Shane Neifer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Good Day Gents, I just posted the following over on the OLF and thought it best to copy here as well. I will still be around as I hope come fall I can actually find some time to get back to work on the guitar I started in 2006 or so! Thanks again for everything, you have been a great bunch!

Good evening people. Transition is messy and those with outstanding orders are caught in the scatter. HMTC has always been a side job for me that has truly outgrown my capacity to do it any credible justice. I have also recently left my nice secure and predictable government job to run a consulting business that has me out of town a lot and totally exhausted when I return. So, for the good news! The new owners are well on their way to getting up and running and are thrilled for the opportunity to work with all of you. I have been informed (as I am out of town for another couple of weeks yet) that they have the resaw shed built and a new electrical service is nearly installed. The snow is receding fast so they will have access to the logs soon as well. So, they are prepared to start taking your orders. I will be transferring all of the orders that I have not filled to date over to them and have also agreed to help get them started and show them how to get the best out of each billet and how to grade properly and consistently. So it should be exciting!!

The new owners are Bruce Andrews, Leanne Turner and Jim Carlaw, all from Terrace, BC Canada (just down the road from my place). You can visit their current operation at http://www.lakedrivelumber.ca and they will get you on the list for wood by email at lakedrivelumber at citywest dot ca. They are working on a tonewood section for their webpage as well.

I wish I was able to fill all of the orders I had but we processed nearly 1,000 sets and it was just not enough. I have every confidence that the crew at Lake Drive will ensure much better customer service than I have been able to offer of late and that the quality will not suffer, they are excited and committed to this venture. More to come!

Thanks for all of the years of great relationships!

Shane
High Mountain Tonewood Company
Terrace, BC
Canada

Make it SING!!

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Transfer of HMTC

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Thanks for the update Shane and best of luck for the future. I've always enjoyed doing business with a true professional and I wish all Canadian tonewood suppliers were as good as you in terms of quality of product and service.

Hopefully you'll get time to post on the forum and we'd like to see progress pics of that guitar too.

Cheers Martin
Martin

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Thanks, Shane. Please post this at "The Luthier Community" forum as well.

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Shane Neifer
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Post by Shane Neifer » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:31 am

Dennis Leahy wrote:Thanks, Shane. Please post this at "The Luthier Community" forum as well.

Dennis
You bet Dennis

Shane
High Mountain Tonewood Company
Terrace, BC
Canada

Make it SING!!