Back to building

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

joel
Blackwood

Back to building

Post by joel » Sat May 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Hello all,

Well half way through my first build I packed up all my top, back and side sets as we were moving house. That was about 8 years and 4 moves ago (and one interstate move to Radelaide).

In the last couple years I've built a few tube amps and a bunch of stompboxes. I've ended up with clones of a JTM45, Blackface Deluxe Reverb, and Tweed Princeton. One day a Supro Dual Tone clone may join the family.

But now I've finally unpacked my timber and I'm reading through my books and notes again trying to figure out what the hell I was doing before the pack up. I've started sorting out my fingerboard and neck. I quickly decided last weekend that I need better dust extraction, so I'm hopping on that before I do anything more.

I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I hope you all are ready for some stupid questions!
- If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs. - David Daye.

- The mouth of a happy man is filled with beer. -

hillbillybass
Sassafras

Re: Back to building

Post by hillbillybass » Fri May 19, 2017 7:25 am

Welcome back Joel. I'm just getting back into building after a few years off myself. Good luck with your build.