Action...?

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

blackalex1952
Blackwood

Action...?

Post by blackalex1952 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:29 pm

A fellow just sen me a text-" My guitar action needs fixing". Worried about a backbow or worse still, neck angle or a dehumidified sunken soundboard I asked-"Is it too high or too low?" "Too high" he replied. Me- "THAT'S A RELEIF!" :mrgreen:
"Everything I say on the topic is based solely upon inexperience and assumption!"

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Action...?

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:40 pm

blackalex1952 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:29 pm
A fellow just sen me a text-" My guitar action needs fixing". Worried about a backbow or worse still, neck angle or a dehumidified sunken soundboard I asked-"Is it too high or too low?" "Too high" he replied. Me- "THAT'S A RELEIF!" :mrgreen:
90% of players don't understand the difference between action and neck relief....inter-related but not one and the same thing. One thing the guitar companies could do to help is not supply truss rod allen keys with their guitars....
Martin

rocket
Blackwood

Re: Action...?

Post by rocket » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:35 pm

kiwigeo wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:40 pm
blackalex1952 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:29 pm
90% of players don't understand the difference between action and neck relief....inter-related but not one and the same thing. One thing the guitar companies could do to help is not supply truss rod allen keys with their guitars....
one thing i don't do is issue allen keys, but what i do say is "if you have any questions, issues or problems whatsoever, bring it to me and i'll deal with it FOC, just don't stuff around with it yourself!!"

Rod.
Like I said before the crash, " Hit the bloody thing, it won't hit ya back

www.octiganguitars.com