Guitar Build 9 minute Video Slide Show with 3 Audio Samples

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

WJ Guitars
Blackwood

Guitar Build 9 minute Video Slide Show with 3 Audio Samples

Post by WJ Guitars » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi All

I have recently completed a 'GS' size Acoustic Guitar for my 3rd client. It will be a 21st birthday gift for his son in December 2018. The son has selected all of the guitar timber for this build. I have put together a 9 minute video slideshow of the guitar build that includes audio samples:

1. Finger Style playing (4:04 min)
2. Flat Picking (2:30 min)
3. Rhythm Playing (2:28 min)

Refer to You tube link below.

https://youtu.be/IK7s7PLEBuE

There is also a pdf attachment with a gallery of photos (pages 1-4) and specification page (page 5). See attachment below.

[attachment=0]Guitar Photo Gallery WJGS-SS.pdf[/

I started this project in March 2018 and this is my 6th guitar build. I am continuing to learn and hope to further improve my building skills with the timbers that are available.

Regards
Wayne

Attachments
Guitar Photo Gallery WJGS-SS.pdf
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 370 times

lamanoditrento
Blackwood

Re: Guitar Build 9 minute Video Slide Show with 3 Audio Samples

Post by lamanoditrento » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:39 am

Thanks Wayne, I enjoyed your vid. Great sounding guitar :cl :cl Some of your transitions were a bit too quick for my eyes though
Trent

WJ Guitars
Blackwood

Post by WJ Guitars » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:53 am

Thanks for the comments on the video.

Yes, I agree that some of the slide changes were a bit too fast. I am only a beginner preparing videos at this stage. It takes a lot of time to prepare setting up all the slides and fitting it together with the 3 audio samples. I would have liked to included even more slide shots. I need to spend even more time to improve the production. At least the video overall shows some of the guitar building process and your comments are appreciated.

I will seek to improve as I develop my guitar building and video / audio production skills.

Regards
Wayne

Valben
Myrtle

Post by Valben » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Thanks for sharing Wayne :-)
this is a very nice looking and sounding guitar. She probably deserve a name :wink:
Valter

WJ Guitars
Blackwood

Post by WJ Guitars » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks for the comments about the guitar Valter.

The Guitar does have a Model Name: 'Silver' based upon the name of the soundboard top timber used 'Silver Quandong'. The Model name is on the label inside the guitar. Refer to attachment.

I did have issues sourcing the Macassar Ebony to make the bindings and the arm rest bevel veneer. Locally this timber is hard to find at a reasonable price (crazy price over $900.00 for one 100mm x 20mm x 2m piece). The client's son wanted a dark timber contrast and was keen on using the Macassar Ebony. I managed to purchase a Macassar Ebony guitar set from 'LMI' for around $250.00 and used this.

The client's son selected the timber for this guitar in Feb 2018. I started the build in mid March and completed it in June. I am happy with the guitar's finish and sound. The guitar will be now set aside for hand over in December for a 21st birthday gift to the client's son.

Regards
Wayne
Attachments
Silver GSWJ-SS .jpg

WJ Guitars
Blackwood

Post by WJ Guitars » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:51 am

I have updated the video and adjusted some of the slide timings and also included some addition slides. Can be viewed on link below.

https://youtu.be/_nL2Ej5FWVg

Regards
Wayne