New Year

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

New Year

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:38 pm

A Happy New Year to all our members and a big thanks to you all for your sharing with others your wealth of knowledge and experience.

Cheers and a big thank you from Jeremy and Martin

:gui :gui :gui :gui :gui :dru :dru :dru
Martin

56nortondomy
Blackwood

Re: New Year

Post by 56nortondomy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Yeah happy new year to all, and thank you Martin and Jeremy for all that you do.
Wayne

ozziebluesman
Blackwood

Post by ozziebluesman » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:31 pm

Happy New Year to everyone
"Play to express, not to impress"

Alan Hamley

http://www.hamleyfineguitars.com/

blackalex1952
Blackwood

Post by blackalex1952 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:30 pm

Yes! Peace and goodwill to all, and a happy and peaceful year to all! With Love and human compassion, let's make this year a kind and sharing one on this wonderfully open hearted Aussie New Zealand forum. Thank you to the moderators for a dedicated one. To all contributors....take care of your families and above all look after yourselves in the holiday season. People die from neglect at Christmas and New Year, I have seen it! So lets all work to make this world a more sustainable and compassionate collaborative one.
Kind regards and all the best - Ross
"Everything I say on the topic is based solely upon inexperience and assumption!"

WJ Guitars
Blackwood

Post by WJ Guitars » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:51 am

Happy new year! Thanks Martin and Jeremy for all the support and input provided.

Looking forward to another year of sharing and learning about guitar building.

Wayne

Steve.Toscano
Blackwood

Post by Steve.Toscano » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:34 pm

Happy new year everyone. As someone said last night - "Do what you did in 2018, but do it better in 2019"
Hope you all have a great time making more beautiful instruments throughout 2019.

Also, huge thank you to the admins who kindly donate their time and expertise to keep the forum running - your work does not go unnoticed.

Had a huge year in my workshop, this time last year i had just taken possession of the keys and was in a mad hurry making benches, here's some workshop stats for anyone who might be interested:
17 guitars built to completion by me, 1 Uke, plus 1 with a f#@k up that was put on the back burner :oops: .
26 guitar making students through the door each week.
Total number of sides bent in the workshop - 128
Total number of frets hammered, yes, hammered, in - 1183
Approx 49 pounds (22kgs) of spruce brace wood used.
Most common back and side timber: Australian Blackwood, closely followed by Indian rosewood.
Including guitars still being built or partway through construction; There's been the same amount of falcate braced OM steel string guitars as fan braced nylon string guitars = 33each.

Im a numbers nut and like to keep useless records so i can later look at even more useless stats :roll: .....

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:00 pm

You keep a record of the number of frets you hammer in??? You need to get that OCD treated :mrgreen:
Steve.Toscano wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:34 pm
Happy new year everyone. As someone said last night - "Do what you did in 2018, but do it better in 2019"
Hope you all have a great time making more beautiful instruments throughout 2019.

Also, huge thank you to the admins who kindly donate their time and expertise to keep the forum running - your work does not go unnoticed.

Had a huge year in my workshop, this time last year i had just taken possession of the keys and was in a mad hurry making benches, here's some workshop stats for anyone who might be interested:
17 guitars built to completion by me, 1 Uke, plus 1 with a f#@k up that was put on the back burner :oops: .
26 guitar making students through the door each week.
Total number of sides bent in the workshop - 128
Total number of frets hammered, yes, hammered, in - 1183
Approx 49 pounds (22kgs) of spruce brace wood used.
Most common back and side timber: Australian Blackwood, closely followed by Indian rosewood.
Including guitars still being built or partway through construction; There's been the same amount of falcate braced OM steel string guitars as fan braced nylon string guitars = 33each.

Im a numbers nut and like to keep useless records so i can later look at even more useless stats :roll: .....
Martin

rocket
Blackwood

Post by rocket » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:16 am

A happy new year to all the members and a big thanks to the admin team for taking over and continueing with Bobs brainchild, and while we're on the subject of brainchildren ala Connor, it's only six and a half years to the first bottle rolls off the line at Sandy Gray!! :cl :dri :dri :dri

Cheers all, have a good 2019

Rod..
Like I said before the crash, " Hit the bloody thing, it won't hit ya back

www.octiganguitars.com

Steve.Toscano
Blackwood

Post by Steve.Toscano » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:59 pm

kiwigeo wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:00 pm
You keep a record of the number of frets you hammer in??? You need to get that OCD treated :mrgreen:
Nope, but I do keep a record of every instrument including the number of frets it has :)

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:04 pm

LOL......I don't know where half the guitars I've made are now. I use to "lend" them to muso friends and none of them seem to want to give them back :(
Steve.Toscano wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:59 pm
kiwigeo wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:00 pm
Nope, but I do keep a record of every instrument including the number of frets it has :)
Martin