shipping overseas

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Gassy
Wandoo

shipping overseas

Post by Gassy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:12 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I assume some of you ship guitars etc overseas and might be able offer advice.

I have received a faulty instrument, ie. crack in the neck, and I am looking to send it back to the retailer. The issue is despite Australia post delivering it, they now say it's too long to ship back (exceeds 1.05m packed).

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to ship it back to Ireland?

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: shipping overseas

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:52 pm

I guess your next option is courier/shipping companies.

https://mydhl.express.dhl/au/en/home.html#/getQuoteTab

Gassy wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:12 pm
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I assume some of you ship guitars etc overseas and might be able offer advice.

I have received a faulty instrument, ie. crack in the neck, and I am looking to send it back to the retailer. The issue is despite Australia post delivering it, they now say it's too long to ship back (exceeds 1.05m packed).

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to ship it back to Ireland?
Martin

demonx
Blackwood

Post by demonx » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:41 pm

Every guitar I’ve freighted overseas in recent years has been via Pack and Send. They offer Insurance also.

nkforster
Blackwood

Post by nkforster » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:49 pm

www.interparcel.com.au

They will give you a variety of options, and you can pay for additional insurance.

old_picker
Blackwood

Post by old_picker » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:57 pm

I go with Allan on this. I've sent quite a few overseas and Pack and Send are fast and efficient. Use the top service level and the best case you can buy.

Steve.Toscano
Blackwood

Post by Steve.Toscano » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:28 pm

As per Allan, i use Pack and Send. Make sure you use a good quality flight case with the guitar packed tightly within. I use hiscox cases.

kpcart
Myrtle

Post by kpcart » Sat May 11, 2019 1:51 am

Go to a different Australia Post post office that will accept it. I've sent guitar packages overseas oversize about 10 times, one of my local POs won't take them, but an LPO does. So maybe try an LPO. They are a bunch of annoying clowns are Australia Post, I never use them interstate, use smartsend.com, its about 1/3 the price. Those Australia Post cages can take bigger, its just a stupid policy that some POs adhere to and others don't, ie if it is 1.20 it is OK often.