I will be running one of my 3 day Modal Tuning courses again in Melbourne in June. The course has proved to be very popular with Victorians!
What we will cover:
• How strings drive your guitar
• Visualising and understanding modes of vibration
• Relating modes of vibration to guitar frequency response curves
• Measuring frequency response curves
• Relating frequency response curves to generic guitar types (classical, flamenco, steel string rhythm, steel string finger picking)
• Relating frequency response curves to modal vibrations and a guitar’s woodwork
• Defining what a responsive guitar actually is and showing how it can be measured
• How to achieve alluring tone, responsiveness and in-tuneness all at the same time
• Targeting the “right” modal frequencies and avoiding the wrong ones
• Requirements of a guitar as a static and dynamic structure
• Measuring material properties so that you can make the best of the wood you have rather than wishing for the wood you would like
• How to decide what thickness a particular top should be
• Bracing schemes for backs and tops
• Practical tuning of guitar modes: Moving from “as built” to “to design”
When: Over 3 days; 8th – 10th June, 2019. 9.00am – 5.00pm each day.
To book a spot or for any further info please contact me by reply below, private message, or email me via my website here:
Thanks, everyone! Looking forward to meeting those who can make it.
Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests