New Gore Guitars website

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Trevor Gore
Blackwood

New Gore Guitars website

Post by Trevor Gore » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:12 pm

When you've had a website up and running for a dozen or so years it can get quite big. I hadn't realised how much stuff I had there until I got a message from my hosting service saying they were going to switch off the content editor. That was about 6 months ago, so my website has been frozen in time since then until yesterday, when I launched the new version of my site on a different platform, that hopefully won't become obsolete before I do. Most of that ton of stuff from the old site is still available, having been painstakingly migrated. There's quite a bit of new stuff and more pics and high fidelity sound files all done using a state of the art content manager that is still in the beta stage.

Everyone is very welcome to have a look around. Please let me know via the "Contact" page if you find things that don't work as you would expect and I will do my best to fix them. The website address is linked via the signature panel below and you should be able to click straight through. If any of you have saved URLs to pages on the old site, they are not going to work, but hopefully you'll be able to find the content you're after on the new site.

Thanks!

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: New Gore Guitars website

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:42 pm

Thanks Trevor.....
Martin

Dave M
Blackwood

Post by Dave M » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:00 pm

Big improvement. I was only the other day checking your old site and thinking it hadn't changed much!

Dave
------------------
Dave

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:19 am

Dave M wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:00 pm
Big improvement. I was only the other day checking your old site and thinking it hadn't changed much!

Dave
Trevor too busy out in the field leading The Gore Army :mrgreen:
Martin

Dave M
Blackwood

Post by Dave M » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:52 am

It may seem a bit off target but I wonder if you have a rough breakdown of where your book has sold around the world?

Difficult to justify the question but I suppose i’m wondering where in the world there is a curiosity about how guitars work and how to build better ones.

I would hope that the U.K. has at least provided some proportion of your sales!

Cheers Dave
------------------
Dave

Trevor Gore
Blackwood

Post by Trevor Gore » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:40 am

The UK is quite a low proportion of sales, which was a bit surprising as I know there is a lot of interest there. I think VAT and import duties really loaded up the price. The USA is a big market (no import tax/duties) and also Canada, which does have import taxes. There has been good interest across Europe (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, Greece) basically places with a history in stringed instruments. The book has gone to all seven continents (including Antarctica). The domestic market has been very good (thanks, everyone!) with hundreds of sales locally, which only goes to show the size of the potential market everywhere else.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Ive got TWO copies.... :mrgreen:
Martin

Dave M
Blackwood

Post by Dave M » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:40 am

Interesting Trevor. I don’t recall a big add on cost but it was a few years ago. Maybe with our economy slumping for years we are all too poor!

However I do hope that the sales have recompensed you and Gerard for the huge amount of work that must have gone into it. As well as the kudos of having produced the defiinitive work on the guitar for this generation.

And Martin I have been thinking of buying the second edition, if only to pass my old ones on to someone at a lower cost to spread the word!

Or should I wait for edition 3...!

Cheers Dave
------------------
Dave