Robert Shine's Hard Shellac

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Robert Shine's Hard Shellac

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:10 pm

Information for those of you using the hard shellac supplied by Robert Shines. I rang him today to order some stuff and phone was answered by an Indian sounding girl. She informed me that they were no longer supplying made up hard shellac although they can supply the ingredients. She directed me to Ubeaut for made up shellac.

Shines is also still supplying IMS grade meths........something that's becoming hard to source here in South Australia right now.
Martin

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Re: Robert Shine's Hard Shellac

Post by sebastiaan56 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:39 pm

I just ordered off Restorers in Gosford. Post is pretty ordinary at the moment so we will see how long it takes. They sell hardening additive as well.
make mine fifths........

Steve.Toscano
Blackwood

Post by Steve.Toscano » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:01 pm

sebastiaan56 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:39 pm
I just ordered off Restorers in Gosford. Post is pretty ordinary at the moment so we will see how long it takes. They sell hardening additive as well.
Mike @ Restorers Choice is a great bloke. Been buying from him for years (helps that his shop is around the corner from my house) :)

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:43 pm

Great info thanks Steve.....Restorer's Choice has a bunch of stuff I've been searching for.
Martin

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:54 pm

sebastiaan56 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:39 pm
Funnily enough Aussiepost seems to be getting its sh*t together of late. Ive had a string of orders arrive from the east coast in a matter of 2-3 days. Last order from NSW arrived the next day.....normal parcel post.
Martin