Emmersons Indian Pale Ale - Warning.

MSDS Sheets or even stories of something stupid you've done in the workshop.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Emmersons Indian Pale Ale - Warning.

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 pm

If youre ever in New Zealand and get your hands on a bottle of Emmerson's Indian Pale Ale...be warned. Read the label on the bottle BEFORE you drain the contents of the bottle. I became aware of the 6.5% alcohol content after finishing a bottle of the stuff. I then had to trot off to a family dinner and pretend I wasn't shit faced.
Martin

Nick
Blackwood

Re: Emmersons Indian Pale Ale - Warning.

Post by Nick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:20 am

kiwigeo wrote:If youre ever in New Zealand and get your hands on a bottle of Emmerson's Indian Pale Ale...be warned. Read the label on the bottle BEFORE you drain the contents of the bottle. I became aware of the 6.5% alcohol content after finishing a bottle of the stuff. I then had to trot off to a family dinner and pretend I wasn't shit faced.
Pffff, lightweight :lol: :lol:
Friend of mine brews under the name "Raindogs Brewing Co" he used to be the brewer for the Twisted Hop before the eartquakes shut bthe place down, try one of his collaborative beers (with another friend) "Dog versus Eagle" - Pan gallactic gargle blaster"
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/eagle-vs-d ... er/177384/
A VERY drinkable brown ale but at 7.5%, although you want to keep drinking it for the flavour, one 500ml bottle is enough for your eyesight to start getting wobbly (I also feel some connection with this brew because I suggested the name for it :roll: ).
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 pm

"Ideal after a meal at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, the effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Cheers, Sean and Dave."

Think wed better check this stuff out next time Im over for a visit :)
Martin

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 am

It is rather nice :D Had a bottle of it Friday night. Sean does recommend putting any 'new' bottling to one side for a month or so to smooth out (as opposed to the IPA)and I have to agree with him, trouble is it becomes too drinkable :dru .
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.