Bridge radius

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Taffy Evans
Blackwood

Bridge radius

Post by Taffy Evans » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:19 am

You are viewing a re-constructed thread by the ANZLF recovery team. For more information click here.

"Originally Posted on:Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 am"

I found the radiusing of a bridge base to suite the top a chore and time consuming, so I made this tool up.

I used to use scrapers with bridge held in special jig, then the sanding block you see here, but now it takes less than a minute to do the same job.

I have a number of these belt sanders [collected over the years] so I could afford to reshape the sole plate under the belt of one of them, making a dedicated tool to give the required radius. I can’t remember exactly what I did on the Makita sander, but if you’ve got a spare old sander to play with I’m sure you could work it out for your model.

The job did not really worry me until I started cutting up multiple bridge’s, it saves a lot of time then.

I sanded a piece of ply in the photo to show the timber removed, not shown is the block that fits onto the bridge to give a better grip whilst sanding.
img~
img~

This is the final re-constructed message of this topic posted by the ANZLF help team.