Gotta lotta bottle...

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Trevor Gore
Blackwood

Gotta lotta bottle...

Post by Trevor Gore » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Not sure where to put this one, but I'm sure one of our friendly, helpful mods will fix things if this isn't in the right place...

I'm sure the vast majority of you will have seen one of these:
Titebond.jpg
Titebond.jpg (98.72 KiB) Viewed 11034 times
But what does it have in common with one of these?
Ketchup.jpg
Ketchup.jpg (101.38 KiB) Viewed 11034 times
Well, the tops are the same size and threadform and so are interchangeable.
Tops.jpg
Tops.jpg (113.1 KiB) Viewed 11034 times
So I've gotta lotta bottles with all sortsa different things in them, mostly a variety of shellac brews and associated solvents.
Bottles.jpg
Bottles.jpg (121.63 KiB) Viewed 11034 times
If you knock a bottle over, you never spill much. They close and seal and don't jamb up. And even when you have shellac drips all over, the shellac just peels off when it's hard. And, of course, you can use these tops when you want round Titebond rather than flat Titebond (makes all the difference). The Titebond bottle maybe a bit big for you hide glue aficionados, but the salad dressing bottles may be about right. And, if you're really keen, you can colour code your liquids.

Nick
Blackwood

Re: Gotta lotta bottle...

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 am

Thanks for the tip Trevor, never considered the threads being the same and as you say, having a round bead is useful at times.
You either drink a lot of Titebond or enjoy a fair bit of sauce on your chips! :shock:
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:57 am

Great tip Trevor, did you discover this by accident? :D
I reckon there" no problem swapping tops but the trouble starts when the contents are de/recanted (Is that the same thing?) so there may be OH&S issues. Don't know what would be worse Tite Bond on my steak or BBQ sauce on the braces lol

Steve

P.S I once spread my buttered toast with thick honey coloured liquid detergent in an Allowrie jar perhaps, perhaps it wasn't an accident :oops:

Taffy Evans
Blackwood

Post by Taffy Evans » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:42 am

Good one, I like that, a real top idea.
Taff

Gavin1393
Gidgee

Post by Gavin1393 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:20 am

Great idea....just thrown an empty tomato sause lid out....going to go and rescue it!

Patrick Hanna
Wandoo

Post by Patrick Hanna » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:26 am

Trevor,
I must say this is a truly insightful observation on your part. It certainly never occurred to me to even try switching out caps, even though I'm usually a fairly insightful guy. Again and again, I am reminded how painfully obvious so many things are--but only after someone else points them out to us. Then I have a laugh at my own expense.

Many thanks for posting this. I think it's fair to say a lot of people will be utilizing the concept in a very short period.

Patrick

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Simple yet brilliant, the amount of times Ive bitten the end of the titebond dispenser to break any residual glue is insane, this may illiminate the problem all together
Steve
Master of nothing,

Do your own repairs - http://www.mirwa.com.au/How_to_Series.html