Mini Router

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

routout
Blackwood

Mini Router

Post by routout » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Years ago I needed a Mini router I was doing some inlay in some boxes then the Instrument thing for the mother of pearl ,after many incarnations and finding others that had solved the problem in many diverse ways I am happy kind of with this
The circle cutting from 45 mm dia to 170 dia edge binding and just plain routing .I had some left over 12 mm acrylic sheet and I thought If I could see through it life would be easier .
The adjustment is a 6 mm thread so every turn brings the cutter down 1 mm and I can also lock it off the other side ,the scale I scribed on the circle cutter has an amount of accuracy I have always used a compass to to draw out the diameters I want before I put the 5mm pivot hole in .
It is handy for all sorts that being said a dedicated trimmer would be better but the Dremel is also handy for a heap of other stuff that I do ,cheers John.
Attachments
6w.jpg
6w.jpg (108.11 KiB) Viewed 23753 times
4w.jpg
4w.jpg (117.74 KiB) Viewed 23753 times
3w.jpg
3w.jpg (121.79 KiB) Viewed 23753 times
2w.jpg
2w.jpg (119.77 KiB) Viewed 23753 times
John ,of way too many things to do.

Nick
Blackwood

Re: Mini Router

Post by Nick » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:09 am

To use a Kiwi saying..."Flash as Bro". Nice job John. :cl :cl
When I first saw the thread title and your username I thought it was going to be a tutorial on making little routouts :wink:
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

routout
Blackwood

Re: Mini Router

Post by routout » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:43 am

Oh yea it's all in the title :lol: I have been distracted for a few years bike racing out of work and building a cnc so the forum was a good primer to get back into wood .I have made copied modified many jigs and fixtures over the years to build Instruments keeps me busy Engineering background and a workshop helps .
So time to blow the dust off the stock and get back into it I thought of making tools for Luthiers and like minded people in 1980 when I started it was hard to get stuff so I made most of what I needed like most here I guess.all good John.
John ,of way too many things to do.