"The 60th" Nick Lucus Special

A place where you can let us see your finished instruments in all their glory.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Rod True
Siberian Tiger

"The 60th" Nick Lucus Special

Post by Rod True » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:27 am

This is the guitar I built for my father in law for his 60th birthday. The guitar is not totally finished as I still need to spray it with nitro and buff, but here are some pictures of the guitar and the happy F.I.L

Enjoy.

Last edited by Rod True on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I wish one of the voices in your head would tell you to shut the hell up." - Warren De Montegue

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:37 am

Fantastic pictures Rod, and very fitting to post now, as it was Fathers Day down here yesterday. He looks just over the moon with his gift.

Do you think he'll let it go long enough to get the finish applied? :lol:
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Rod True
Siberian Tiger

Post by Rod True » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:40 am

Allen, he's a very patient man, and a master woodworker to boot, so he really knows the value of a good finish (sure hope I can get it right).

On the day, he said he would just send it home with me...(bit of a pause) well, in a week or so... :lol:
"I wish one of the voices in your head would tell you to shut the hell up." - Warren De Montegue

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:43 am

I bet you won't see that guitar for a month Rod :D

Looks sensational. I really like the lines in the lower bout of this one.
Bob, Geelong

Mainwaring and Connor Guitars

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:39 am

I'm with Bob, its going to be a while before you get it back. He looks to be a very happy camper. And he should be, lots of love in that guitar and its a great guitar to boot.

Great photos Rod, website quality type ones, ya know?

Thanks for sharing.

Rod True
Siberian Tiger

Post by Rod True » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:43 am

You know, I think you folks might be right about when I get it back... :lol:
Lillian wrote:...Great photos Rod, website quality type ones, ya know?...
Thanks Lillian, My wife Lianna took them. That's her hobby and she's pretty good at it too ;)

jb2060
Sassafras

Post by jb2060 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:07 pm

That is a wonderful guitar Rod. I love the reference soundhole... cheers, jb
Jason Brouwers
Sydney

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Needless to say after seeing your FIL's smile he has probably forgiven you for marrying his daughter.... :D

He looks thrilled Rod and I agree that you may not be getting this one back as soon as you had anticipated.

Absolutely beautiful guitar bro and the kind of styling and woods that I personally like on a guitar too.

The lower bout has a circular shape/quality that I have not seen anyone do before on an OO sized guitar and I really like that too!

You done good my friend and not only on producing/crafting this superb guitar but also for gifting it to a loved one too! :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl

You know we should do a guitar swap sometime... :D

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:48 pm

Rod True wrote:You know, I think you folks might be right about when I get it back... :lol:
Lillian wrote:...Great photos Rod, website quality type ones, ya know?...
Thanks Lillian, My wife Lianna took them. That's her hobby and she's pretty good at it too ;)
No Rod, she's very good at it. Those are professional quality photos.

Taffy Evans
Blackwood

Post by Taffy Evans » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:05 am

Very nice guitar Rod I love that lower bout shape. Classy looking guitar with or without the finish.
Taff

Rod True
Siberian Tiger

Post by Rod True » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:05 am

Hesh1956 wrote:Needless to say after seeing your FIL's smile he has probably forgiven you for marrying his daughter.... :D
LOL! Thank goodness too, I've had 3 kids with her LOL!
Hesh1956 wrote: He looks thrilled Rod and I agree that you may not be getting this one back as soon as you had anticipated.

Absolutely beautiful guitar bro and the kind of styling and woods that I personally like on a guitar too.

The lower bout has a circular shape/quality that I have not seen anyone do before on an OO sized guitar and I really like that too!

You done good my friend and not only on producing/crafting this superb guitar but also for gifting it to a loved one too! :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl :cl

You know we should do a guitar swap sometime... :D
Thank you Hesh, my friend.

You know, I would still love to do the guitar swap with you to meet up June 2010 at the GAL convention in Washington State. You let me know and we'll get it started :) We could document it here or on the TLC.

I too really like the circular shape of this NLS versus the L-00 sized guitars I've seen. That's what sold me on it.

Rod True
Siberian Tiger

Post by Rod True » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:07 am

Thank you all for you kind comments. I really am very fond of this guitar and am thinking of making one for myself now too. Just need to sell my maple/cedar deep body OM first :) ....anyone.....