What I found in the shed.

A place where you can let us see your finished instruments in all their glory.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

willcall
Blackwood

What I found in the shed.

Post by willcall » Fri May 18, 2012 3:55 pm

I found this in the shed while looking for another guitar. I remember using this one at school but had forgotten all about it.

The fret markers are electrical tape and it is a righty strung lefty without the nut being reversed.

Does anyone think it is worth anything or is it safe for my nephew (5yr old) to play around on?

I still haven't found the guitar I was looking for though.
Cheers, Will
Attachments
P5186888.JPG
P5186887.JPG
P5186886.JPG
P5186885.JPG
P5186884.JPG
P5186883.JPG

Mark McLean
Blackwood

Re: What I found in the shed.

Post by Mark McLean » Sun May 20, 2012 8:34 pm

I thought I had too many guitars around the house. But if you are losing some, and finding others that you forgot about years later, Man, you have some guitars. I only say this out of envy, you understand.

Is that a good one for your nephew to play on? For sure. He probably doesn't even know yet whether he is a lefty. He probably doesn't want to fret any notes - just bang on the thing. So, it is perfect - even if the action is terrible, which is likely for an old Suzuki unsighted for a couple of decades.
cheers
Mark

willcall
Blackwood

Re: What I found in the shed.

Post by willcall » Mon May 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Mark McLean wrote:I thought I had too many guitars around the house. But if you are losing some, and finding others that you forgot about years later, Man, you have some guitars. I only say this out of envy, you understand.

Is that a good one for your nephew to play on? For sure. He probably doesn't even know yet whether he is a lefty. He probably doesn't want to fret any notes - just bang on the thing. So, it is perfect - even if the action is terrible, which is likely for an old Suzuki unsighted for a couple of decades.
cheers
Mark
Thanks,
The neck is a shocker with a huge bow in it.
Nah, I wish I had heaps of guitars. I only have 1 useable ATM, Maton performer and 2 repairers, this one and the 3/4 size (about 60yrs old) which I can't find.
I am working on an electric ATM so hopefully I will have 2 guitars soon.

Will