Just Finished a Ukulele BuildingCourse with Tim Spittle

A place where you can let us see your finished instruments in all their glory.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

nzhorsey
Gidgee

Just Finished a Ukulele BuildingCourse with Tim Spittle

Post by nzhorsey » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:34 pm

Hey guys

Very new to this whole Luthier thing, but just wanted to share my 98% complete Tenor Ukulele that I built in 6 and a half days at the Australian School of Guitar Making in Toronto with WA's Tim Spittle.

My good mate Aaron has also done the course with me and has already commentated on the content, and the way it runs, so I just wanted to do two things. Firstly, share some pics of my almost complete Tenor Uke as all it needs now is a lacquer finish:) And secondly just state how incredibly satisfying, rewarding and fulfilling this course has been. Tim is great bloke, a brilliant teacher, a patient helper and hilarious story/joke teller. I haven't done any woodworking at all since school and I was 14 when it was last compulsory but Tim and this course equipped me with absolutely everything I needed to finish a Uke to be proud of!

So, if you're ready this TDOG... Thank-you, in every sense of the word. And all the other guys, what a bloody great time we had. Here's the pics... Oh and if you think the timber looks good now, just wait till it has the NITRO FINISH!

Fee free to make any suggestions/comments or improvements:)
Uke Info:
Front/Sound Board- Silver Wattle
Back and Sides- Tasmanian Tiger Myrtle
Fretboard- Blackwood
Binding- Victorian Satin Box
Attachments
image.jpg
Side Fretboard
image.jpg
Neck Join
image.jpg
Side Profile of Front
image.jpg
Side Profile of Back
image.jpg
Front Fretboard
image.jpg
Close up- Sound Board
image.jpg
The Front

dotbot
Kauri

Re: Just Finished a Ukulele BuildingCourse with Tim Spittle

Post by dotbot » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:45 pm

Beautiful work, Jay! It was a blast; I'm glad to have shared this journey with you.

It sounds as good as it looks. I liked this one so much I brought a set of the silver wattle home with me.

Aaron