Blackhearted Sasafrass Guitar

A place where you can let us see your finished instruments in all their glory.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

ZOOTMAN
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Blackhearted Sasafrass Guitar

Post by ZOOTMAN » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:05 am

Thought you would like to see this Black Sas guitar built by one of my customers Cory Batson. www.batsonguitars.com

ZOOTMAN
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Post by ZOOTMAN » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Guess no one likes it?????

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:43 pm

Well you guessed wrong Uncie Bob. I love it, not just for the excellent wood but also for the incredible design...hows it sound???

Anyhow I think the lack of response thus far comes from the fact that as I type it is Sunday evening and most of us have either been in the shed or out with friends and family or both. I have been in and out most of the day and seen this beautiful guitar earlier but just as I was on a mission I had no time to respond until chill time with a tinnie. I am sure it is the same for the rest here in AU.

Thanks for posting anyhow Bob it really is a great guitar and worthy of a post, especially since it is local tassi blackheart sassafras. (I've always thought that a cool name for a rock band, "Black Heart Sassafras" )

Cheers

Kim

Dave Anderson
Blackwood

Post by Dave Anderson » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:01 pm

Wow, :shock: Thats unique !! Looks like another talented luthier has arrived. Very beautiful Sasafrass Bob, Do
you have any more of that? I would love to hear what that guitar sounds like. Thanks for posting Zootman. :D
Dave Anderson
Port Richey,Florida

Stu
Blackwood

Post by Stu » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:02 pm

ZOOTMAN wrote:Guess no one likes it?????
Amazing build, no doubts there !!!

What's more, I had a sticky at his website and he's definitely got some innovative ideas he's put into motion.

cheers, Stu

ozziebluesman
Blackwood

Post by ozziebluesman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:08 pm

G'day Bob,

Thats one innovative looking guitar. I love the sassafrass. I have just finished building a weissenborn copy using Golden Sassafrass. The tone is big and very warm. I have a set of Blackheart Sassafrass to suilt an OM sized guitar in my wood stash. The wood is easy to bend and work with and it looks stunning!

Thanks for posing.

Cheers

Alan

ZOOTMAN
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Post by ZOOTMAN » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:49 pm

Thanks to all. I feel much better now. Kim I keep forgetting about the time differance. Alan I followed your build and love the way it looks. Great stuff for sure. Corey is quite the builder. He has a lot of inovative ideas and his guitars are widely accepted. Nice young man too.

Cheers
BobC