A quick ukulele

A place where you can let us see your finished instruments in all their glory.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Cal
Myrtle

A quick ukulele

Post by Cal » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:36 pm

After building my daughters baritone ukulele I decided that I should really learn how to play. I found an 8 week beginner course close to home and decided to enroll. In all my enthusiasm I forgot that I don’t own a ukulele. I enrolled on the Tuesday and started to build when I got home from work Wednesday, followed through on Thursday after work and finished it on Saturday. The course started the following Wednesday. I took the ukulele into the course and got strange look from the fellow running the course, he took hold of my build and started playing it and was shocked at the voice it had, he asked where I got it from, I said it was in amongst a pile of wood in the shed and I just had to cut off what didn’t resemble an instrument. :lol:
4FCDF73F-8CDE-4763-97B7-1B5B75FA260D.jpeg
C18DAFAF-483A-43FC-B8FF-EAAF257BEB04.jpeg

Gazm
Blackwood

Re: A quick ukulele

Post by Gazm » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:57 am

Can't beat a good quickie, Cal 8) Looks like a Barimando with a Kb Pine top, not too shabby for a knock up!!

I quite like the shape, well done!

Gaz

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:18 am

ROFL......classic story Cal. Nice work.
Martin

Cal
Myrtle

Post by Cal » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Gazm wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:57 am
Can't beat a good quickie, Cal 8) Looks like a Barimando with a Kb Pine top, not too shabby for a knock up!!

I quite like the shape, well done!

Gaz
Thanks Gaz, yep King Billy top, Claret Ash for the neck, sides and back. Got the steam iron out of the laundry to do the bending, it was quicker than waiting for the bending iron to warm up!

Cal
Myrtle

Post by Cal » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:22 pm

kiwigeo wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:18 am
ROFL......classic story Cal. Nice work.
Haha! Should have seen the looks on the others that turned up to take the class :lol:
One fellow said “gee, you must have good tools” I said “That’s like telling a chef they must have good pots” oh no, he said, that’s different. Hmmmm, I use to get the same thing from people when I was a photographer. It has nothing to do with ones abilities at all, does it?