Ever forget where you parked your car?

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Steve
Blackwood

Ever forget where you parked your car?

Post by Steve » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:55 pm

We had something like 450 mm of rain here in Coffs yesterday. I can't be too sure how much we had at home because our rain gauge only holds 250mm & was overflowing when we were able to get home this morning. Of course our 3 & 5-year old found the whole thing an incredible adventure, getting to splash around & spend the night at new, exciting places.
As the school was flooded, again (you know the same thing happened only 6 weeks ago when we got over 500mm in a week), so the kids & I went for a drive around this afternoon. This is what we found in our local creek:

Anyone forget where they left their car?
Steve

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:08 am

Trust you and yours are OK Steve, the news here was very dramatic last night with one bloke losing his antique collection.

That'd be like losing your stash......
make mine fifths........

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:11 am

sebastiaan56 wrote:Trust you and yours are OK Steve, the news here was very dramatic last night with one bloke losing his antique collection.

That'd be like losing your stash......
Glad to hear you found someone else's car Steve, always much nicer than finding ur own like that I reckon.

Sebatiaan, for that very reason I try to avoid commenting in natural disaster threads like these for fear I should attract the attention of the Spirit of Foota and he should then decide that it be my turn to be so harshly punished. Curse the thought that he should see fit to lift my rock and take away my precious, precious stash...such a terrible though, such a harsh and bad tempered Foota.

On that note, I think a little prayer may be in order: "I bow to you Lord Foota, and I beg only that you leave me the bloody hell alone and only ever bring your fist of vengeance down upon some other poor unsuspecting sap rather than myself.

Love you very much Lord Foota :bh

Cheers

Kim

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:15 am

sebastiaan56 wrote:That'd be like losing your stash......
I take it that by "stash" you are refering to tonewood supplies? :wink: :wink:

Yeah I back up Sebastiaan's sentiments & hope everybody you know & love are safe. Guess the driver of the ute took 'dipping your headlights' just a bit too seriously!

And Kim :lmao :lmao
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Must add that despite my tactless comments above I do feel very much for the poor folks in that normally very beautiful part of AU we call northern NSW. 18" of rain in one down pour is just incredible and it must have seemed like their homes had been relocated to be directly under Niagara Falls.

Lets hope things dry out quickly and that life can return to normal for these people as soon as possible.

Footah made me do it, bad Footah :(

Cheers

Kim

Steve
Blackwood

Post by Steve » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Although Bellingen is still cut off, it's surprising how quickly all the water dissappears. Apart from all the carpets lying out on the footpaths & a few cars parked in strange places, it would be hard to tell there had been so much water through. We were really lucky not to get any damage, & thankfully I haven't heard of anyone getting hurt. One of my workmates had about a foot of mud through his house & will be in emergency housing for a while. Yes Kim, 18" was a lot, even for this part of the world. And it was on the back of another 3" the day before that. Yesterday we only had 16mm & the sun has been out a few times today.
Although this was short & sharp, by the sound of things it was way worse in Qld last month. And you can't help but feel a bit guilty to complain about a bit of rain when so many people don't get enough.

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:32 am

I hadnt picked you as the religious type Kim, but since Footah made you do it, are there any countries Footah needs invaded?
make mine fifths........