Do you really mean...

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Serge
Blackwood

Do you really mean...

Post by Serge » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:50 pm

that i can talk about the Lord here ? :D

Well, in that case... :D

Let me just say thanks for now because it's no secret to anyone that where i go, the Lord goes or the other way around so if i may, i would just like to offer a word of prayer for my new home.

Our Heavenly Father, i pray in the sweet name of Jesus to thank you for giving the inspiration to Bob and co to start this beautiful website that i ask that you would protect against uncivility and spiritual wickedness, i thank you Eternal Father for my brothers and sisters who have not forgotten me and are willing to forget about political correctness but rather encourage people to be themselves in the expression of their faith. I am your humble servant here Father, may the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to you Lord and i pray that you would keep an atmosphere of positiveness, joy and respect because of the freedoms that you allow to us for as long as we understand the responsibilitie sattached to them. May my presence here be a testimony of what Jesus did for me and of all the blessings that You pour on us every day. In the Name of Y'shua Ha Maschiah i pray, Amen.
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Rod True
Siberian Tiger

Post by Rod True » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:22 am

Amen,

Hey Serge, what does Y'shua Ha Maschiah translate out to. Is it hebrew, aribic?

Just for you buddy

"I wish one of the voices in your head would tell you to shut the hell up." - Warren De Montegue

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:10 am

Rod True wrote:Amen,

Hey Serge, what does Y'shua Ha Maschiah translate out to. Is it hebrew, aribic?

Just for you buddy

That little cuddly thing just touched my heart bro! thanks!

Y'shua Ha Maschiah means Jesus the Messiah (Savior) in Hebrew IIRC, i'll do a little research though, just to make sure.
:D

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:07 am

Yup, it is Hebrew Rod, here's what i found:

Hebrew Glossary

Adonai (alt. Adono) My L-rd, L-rd of all. Spoken instead of translating the tetragrammaton (YHVH)
Elohim (Lit. mighty ones) Plural in form, it expresses the "compound unity" of the G-d of Israel.
Etz Chayyim Tree of Life
Hebrew ("to pass over, "cross over.") A name given to the people of Israel and their language
Haftorah (Lit. "Final passage") Passage from the Prophets read in the synagogue after the reading from the Torah.
Hashem (Lit. "The names") Commonly used to refer to G-d, while avoiding casual use of His name in conversation.
Kippah A head covering worn by men for worship, religious study, or at any other time; also called yarmulke
Kosher (Alt. Kasher) Fit to be eaten according to Jewish dietary laws (our context is Biblical dietary laws)
Mashiach (Alt. Moshiach) Messiah, anointed, an anointed one. Three classes of persons were anointed for their office of service: ---prophets, priests and kings. Yeshua Ha'maschiah is all three-Prophet, Priest and King. Ruach HaKodesh The Holy Spirit
Shabbat (Heb. "rest") The Sabbath, the seventh day of the week, G-d's appointed day of rest, a holy convocation

Tenach An acronym for the Old Testament [T=Torah; N=Neviim (Prophets); Ch=Ketuvim (Writings), the threefold division of the Tenach]
Teshuvah (Lit. "return") Repentance
Torah (Heb. "teaching, instruction,"--- English law) In Rabbinic Judaism, Torah refers to the "five books of Moses." In general, we believe Torah is the whole Bible

Zizit (Tzitzit) Worn on a four-cornered garment (Numbers 15:37-41)
Yeshua (Alt. Yashua, Yahshua, Yoshua,--- Yehoshua Literally means "G-d saves" or "YHVH is my salvation."

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:43 am

It's time for my morning bagel...... :D

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:58 am

Brother Hesh, would bagel be considered Kosher(sp?) meal? :wink: :D