A trooper with a sense of humor

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Serge
Blackwood

A trooper with a sense of humor

Post by Serge » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:48 am

In most of the United States there is a policy of checking on any stalled vehicle on the highway when temperatures drop to the single digits or below. About 3 AM one very cold morning, Montana State Trooper Allan Nixon #658 responded to a call that there was a car off the shoulder of the road outside of Great Falls. He located the car, stuck in deep snow and with the engine still running. Pulling in behind the car with his emergency lights on, the trooper walked to the driver's door to find an older man passed out behind the wheel with a nearly empty vodka bottle on the seat beside him. The driver came awake when the trooper tapped on the window. Seeing the rotating lights in his rearview mirror, and the state trooper standing next to his car, the man panicked. He jerked the gear shiift into "drive" and hit the gas.

The car's speedometer was showing 20, 30, 40, then 50 MPH, but it was still stuck in the snow, wheels spinning. Trooper Nixon, having a sense of humor, began running in place next to the speeding (but stationary) vehicle. The driver was totally freaked, thinking the trooper was actually keeping up with him. This goes on for about 30 seconds, then the trooper yelled, "PULL OVER!"

The man nodded, turned his wheel and stopped the engine. Needless to say, the man from North Dakota was arrested and is still probably shaking his head over the state trooper in Montana who could run 50 miles per hour.

Who says troopers don't have a sense of humor!

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:37 am

That's funny, Serge! I wonder if it's really true, or just one of those fun stories that gets passed around, but nonetheless, funny!

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:02 am

Puts a whole new meaning to the expression " a run in with the law".

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:20 am

Hi Dennis and Martin, don't know if that story is true or not but when it comes to our seniors on the road, anything is possible. :lol:

This story is authentic though:

My Dad was born on Magdalen Islands, a tiny fishing hook shaped strip of earth lost somewhere in the gulf of Saint Lawrence between Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island, one of my Dad's cousin, old cousin Neree had just received his drivers licence late in life, i think it was in the 80's, started practicing slowly on the road between 2 villages(was too afraid to hit someone) but was stopped by a cop who told him "Please sir, stay on the right side of the road, you're driving on the white lines on the middle of the road now". To which Neree replied: " What, are you afraid i'll get those lines dirty?" :D

Dave Anderson
Blackwood

Post by Dave Anderson » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:35 pm

:lmao :cl :cl :cl :rolf Good stories Serge!!!
Dave Anderson
Port Richey,Florida

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:14 am

I would have run in place and peed on his side window...... :)

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:20 am

Hesh1956 wrote:I would have run in place and peed on his side window...... :)
Hesh, tu es incorrigible! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D