A different use for superglue...

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

hilo_kawika
Blackwood

A different use for superglue...

Post by hilo_kawika » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:44 am

How to become a millionaire? Start with $2 million and become a luthier...

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 am

This happened while I was in Germany twenty years ago. The Army got stuck with the bill for reconstruction surgery, the locals had the option of prosecuting the wife. I can't remember if they did or not.

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:34 pm

When Madonna was dating Sean Penn she is said to have dripped super glue on Penn when he was asleep and glued one of his testicles to his leg... He had to go to the ER to get debonded...

Years ago, when I could still see..., I flew radio controlled airplanes and helicopters. The flying field that I was a member at had a Thursday night "Gong Show" were we taught new pilots to fly RC.

One of the newbs was more enthusiastic then he was careful and one night he had an accident where be managed to stick both hands in the whirling prop of an airplane running on the ground at full throttle....

A couple of us who were instructor pilots had just read an article on the origin of CA and how it was developed to seal cuts in a battlefield situation. We looked at each other and decided to glue this guys profusely bleeding hands and fingers shut prior to transporting him to hospital.

The CA worked very well to close the cuts and stop the bleeding. At the ER they said that we did exactly the right thing too.

Several weeks later I saw the same guy who we helped in a local hobby store. He had the nastiest wound on his forehead and the wound was huge as well - you couldn't miss it.

I asked him what happened and he said that he had cut his head open while under a car removing a muffler. He went on to say how he remembered how we closed his cuts some weeks earlier with CA so he decided to do the same thing. When the CA did not stop the head wounds from bleeding quickly enough for our genius he went on to say that he sprayed his head with accelerator....

Well you guessed it - the accelerator burned the hell out of his head and he had to go to the ER again...

True story.

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:01 am

Hesh1956 wrote:I asked him what happened and he said that he had cut his head open while under a car removing a muffler. He went on to say how he remembered how we closed his cuts some weeks earlier with CA so he decided to do the same thing. When the CA did not stop the head wounds from bleeding quickly enough for our genius he went on to say that he sprayed his head with accelerator....

Well you guessed it - the accelerator burned the hell out of his head and he had to go to the ER again...

True story.
:shock: :shock: :lmao :lmao :lmao
If ever there was a candidate for wrapping in cotton wool & leaning in the corner, here it is.
Or the Darwin awards!
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.