Cable Problem

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:52 am

Oh, okay. I thought that Kim might have turned the server off when he went to bed.

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:06 am

The server that the forum is on is in my house Lillian so it is susceptible to internet service provider problems and power outages.

The Cable provider has been pretty good. I've been with them for three years and had probably half a dozen outages which they have fixed within 3-4 hours.

Cheers

Bob

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:18 am

bob wrote:The server that the forum is on is in my house Lillian so it is susceptible to internet service provider problems and power outages.

The Cable provider has been pretty good. I've been with them for three years and had probably half a dozen outages which they have fixed within 3-4 hours.

Cheers

Bob
Kim doesn't live near by does he? I don't want to be giving him ideas for when he's bored.

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:22 am

Kim's about 3500 kilometres away from me so we're fairly safe. :D

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:02 am

bob wrote:Kim's about 3500 kilometres away from me so we're fairly safe. :D
Don't count on it buddy, I think the extension cord is running right past my house. I'm assuming that we in the West supply electricity to the east coast, seems we supply every bloody thing else you need :lol: :wink:

Cheers

Kim

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:25 am

Just as i was about to tease Hesh about it, Man, i just missed it by a hair! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:32 am

The wind is still howling here so the trip across Bass Strait tonight should be interesting. :shock:

Lucky I'm not a chunderer. :lol:

Ron Wisdom
Blackwood

Post by Ron Wisdom » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:58 pm

:roll: And chunderer is Aussie for????

Ron

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:21 pm

Ron

I'll leave the description of a chunderer to Kim as I know he'll have a much more elaborately explained and eloquent answer than I could possibly give.

Bob

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:23 pm

bob wrote:Ron

I'll leave the description of a chunderer to Kim as I know he'll have a much more elaborately explained and eloquent answer than I could possibly give. Bob
OK, if I must.. :wink:

Ron,

To chunder, pronounced CHUN-DAAH, is for some a nutrient recycling technique, but for most of us, chundering is an important self-defence mechanism.

For instance, one may chunder if one has been foolhardy enough to consume a kebab at 3am after a long bout of drinking beer with ones friends. This is a perfectly normal and acceptable responce as the expulsion of the former provides room for further consumption of the later, and this is always a very good thing.

In Bob's example "The wind is still howling here so the trip across Bass Strait tonight should be interesting. Lucky I'm not a chunderer." Here Bob is making reference to the chunder in a nautical sense as he is about to travel between mainland Australia, and the island of Tasmania by ferry. And here, one again, the chunder is indeed a natural self defense mechanism.

I have never met Bob in a personal sense however his statement "Lucky I'm not a chunderer", when made in relation to sea travel tells me a lot about his physical make up. You see from this information I am able to deduce that our Bob is a man with large feet, and a generous portion of the gluteus muscle groups giving him a low centre of gravity.

This assumption can be made as it is my experience through observation that those most susceptible to bouts of chundering whilst undergoing a sea journey generally have small feet and buttocks which makes them very unstable when placed upon a vessel on heavy seas. The chundering in this situation is of course the brains attempt to lower the bodies centre of gravity and stabilize it's host, thereby avoiding any injury which may impair the consumption of beer once landfall has been met.

I do hope that this post has clarified the term "chunder" for you and any other members whom have found themselves wondering of it's meaning and with that, I shall leave you with the a few lyrics of a song penned by that great Australian icon Mr Barry Mackenzie which cleverly makes a fusion of the two examples set out above..

"I was sit'in on Bondi pier, drink'in tubes of ice cold beer, with a bucket of prawns sit'in on me knee.

So I had another prawn, with a technicolour horn, and I chundered in the old Pacific sea."

Cheers all

Kim

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:49 pm

i've had liquid laughs in bars
And i've hurled from moving cars
And I've chuckled when and where it suited me
But if I could choose a spot
To regugitate me lot
Then I'd chunder in the old Pacific Sea
I'm surprised I can still remember the words to that one Kim

I think the word chunder has English origins.

The story is that before the days of sewers in London that most household refuse and effluent was dumped uncremoniously from house windows (sometimes on the first floor) into the street.

To warn innocent passersby by that an expulsion of rubbish was about to be flung on to the street, the inhabitants would shout out "Watch Under"

This contracted to chunder.

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:20 pm

I guess if where going to give them a taste Bob we may as well serve up the whole six courses.

I was down by Bondi Pier,
Drinkin tubes of ice cold beer,
With a bucket full of prawns upon my knee,
When I swallowed the last prawn,
I had a technicolor yawn,
And I chundered in the old Pacific Sea.

Drink it up, drink it up,
Crack another dozen tubes and prawns with me,
If you want to throw your voice,
Mate you won't have any choice,
But to chunder in the old Pacific Sea.

I was sittin in the surf,
When a mate of mine called Murf,
Asks if he can crack a tube or two with me,
The bastard barely swallowed it,
When he went for the big spit,
And he chundered in the old Pacific Sea.

I've had liquid laughs in bars,
And I've hurled from moving cars,
And I've chuckled when and where it suited me,
But if I could choose the spot,
To regurgitate me lot,
Then I'd chunder in the old Pacific Sea..

Have found the attached video link, I move that all members should learn this song off by heart as it would make a fitting ANZLF anthem :D

http://australianscreen.com.au/titles/a ... zie/clip2/

Cheers

Kim

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:09 pm

The movie "The adventures of Bazza Mackenzie" - gave birth to Dame Edna Everage.

It wasn't pretty.

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Chunderer

Post by Hesh1956 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:27 pm

Pictures please? :D

I am not sure from Kim's very thoughtful description if chundering is puking or f*arting. Please advise.

Craig
Admin

Post by Craig » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:57 pm

It's puking Hesh ,or technicolour yawn , but as you may know ,is often accompanied with a melodic passing of wind :lol:

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:31 pm

Craig L wrote:It's puking Hesh ,or technicolour yawn , but as you may know ,is often accompanied with a melodic passing of wind :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hesh, did you not watch the video from the link ????

cheers

Kim

Ron Wisdom
Blackwood

Post by Ron Wisdom » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:58 pm

I have dial up so I'll have to wait till I get to work tomorrow to watch the video. :evil: I did thoroughly enjoy Kim's description, though, as well as the song. I'll start practicing. Hmmmm, that might make a great banjo tune.

Ron

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Got it

Post by Hesh1956 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:03 pm

Kim I finally watched the video this morning and thanks Craig. I now know what chundering is........