One of Life's little bummers

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

One of Life's little bummers

Post by sebastiaan56 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:04 am

Broke me ankle the other week. 2 bones, 2 tendons, 2 pins and I'll probably back on the pegs February. So simple, just slipped walking to the shed to get Some 120 grit. That'll slow things up!

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:29 am

Bugger, sorry to hear that Sebastian. Hope it sorts itself out nice and quick, had my share of broken this and that and none have been much fun.

Broke my ankle once back in my biker days and it nearly stopped my from riding because I would have been pulled over by the police with that big white plaster on the bottom half of my left leg. Then I had a brain wave, out come the black spray can and a pair of scissors. With the aid of a black ugg boot on my good foot instead of the usual rossi riding boots, I was back on the road and cruiz'in like a bogan 8)

Cheers

Kim

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:54 pm

Sorry to hear that mate, hope it heals all well soon, take it easy, something similar happened to me 7 years ago as i was starting my new job, had a cast and continued working with it :roll: but i wouldn't try that again, it takes longer to heal, SO, take it easy OK?! :D
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:50 pm

I've never trusted 120 grit.

180 seems to be much more reliable.

Hope you're up and back at it soon Sebastiaan.

Bob

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:49 am

I want to double up on the go slow advice! The was a guy named Bill when I was about 10. He worked in the local Lick-a-toe (liquor store :lol: )! Great guy, he would sell us candy, sodas, beer!(The beer's a JOKE :P )

Bill breaks his leg, after a couple of weeks decides he doesn't need a cast, cuts it off, rebroke it and walks with a really, really bad limp to this day, like he was deformed!

Yea! Yea! A huge inconvience! Keep it on, take it easy, and use "180 next time"! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:31 pm

Look after the ankle Sebastiann.

If worse comes to worse and you lose the leg Ive got some nice Honduras Mahogany neck blanks that would make a dandy peg leg :mrgreen:

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Hang in

Post by Hesh1956 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:32 pm

Hang in there Sebastiann my friend. I am very sorry to hear about your injury.

Yesterday my 32 year old nephew nearly cut his hand off while carving with a hunting knife...... The problem was that he was sitting way up in a tree, deer hunting, alone, with a loaded 5 shot 12 gage shot gun....... He couldn't stop the bleeding, was miles from help, and thinks that he fainted too trying to walk out of there. He had a bad day.......

Here is to a speedy recover for you Sebastiann.

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Sorry to hear about that Sebastian. Be good and do what the guys in white tell you to do. Do your physical therapy exercises and hopefully you can go back to life as it was before.

And if it makes you feel any better Fran simply stepped off of a curb on to pavement and broke her ankle in two places. No rocks, cracks or holes to at least justify the damage. She simple stepped wrong.

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:50 pm

My goodness, a lot of people are having bad days!

Sorry to hear that Lillian, my best wishes of recovery to Fran ok?

Take good care

Serge
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:33 pm

Thank you Serge, but she's fine She did that years ago. She has a talent for these things. Like folding the plica up under her knee cap simply putting stockings on. Its her talent. You've got to go with what your good at.

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:23 am

Thanks for the thoughts and wishes everyone, the days are getting a bit tedious sometimes but the final cast goes on on Friday so life will get easier. Im not allowed to put any pressure on it for at least two months. Plenty of time to french polish the classical!

Panhead I hope Kim!, Honduras Mahogany for a peg leg!, I think you've been on the rig long enuff Kiwi!, OK Ill PM my address.... Hesh, I grovelled up from the spot where gravity won as my youngest was on the XBox and the eldest was out bush bashing. only 25m uphill but I have the greatest respect for these people who walk miles with this kind of thing. Lillian, what can I say, gravity sucks!

Fortunately I have what is called Trauma Insurance. For those who can afford it I recommend it. Particularly with XMAS on the way

Sebastiaan