Such A Deal!

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Such A Deal!

Post by Hesh1956 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:20 am

You are viewing a re-constructed thread by the ANZLF recovery team. For more information click here.

"Originally Posted on:Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:07 am "

About a week ago I received a sale flier from Woodcraft (remember Woodcraft Bob - it's the place that we went before the yacht club..... :D ) and Woodcraft had the Rikon little belt sander on sale for $99.

My current belt sander is a piece of junk from Sears and it's the noisiest tool in my shop, has lousy dust collection, and it's adjustments are not precise. This thing was never good for anything beyond compelling me to replace it....

So I decided to purchase the little Rikon and while doing so online other offers came my way for free shipping and another 10% off. So I jumped but soon noticed that they were indicating that the sander was not currently in stock. But the price was so very good and I am in no hurry so I ordered it anyway.

I just received a call from Woodcraft and they wanted to let me know that Rikon cannot get the sanders to them for several weeks so they wanted to make me a special offer. The special offer is that they will send me the larger Rikon 6 X 48, 10" sander for the same price if I pay the $55 shipping charge since this thing has to be shipped by common carrier (truck) and can't be shipped by the usual residential shipping companies.

So when all is said and done and sometime next week I will receive a $350 sander for a grand total of $135! Pretty cool!

Here is a pic and now I have to find a place to keep this thing. It might be time to build a custom bench for it.
828577.jpg
828577.jpg (46.36 KiB) Viewed 5663 times

Dave Anderson
Blackwood

Re: Such A Deal!

Post by Dave Anderson » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:20 am

WOW ! Great deal Heshman!! I'm planning on driving down to my Woodcraft in Clearwater and buy one of the 99.00 dollar sanders tomorrow. Yeah,My old, small Delta died on me (burnt bearing ). I better call first to make sure they have one left. I've never had any Rikon tools but I do like these little sanders. I can't live without a belt sander,I use it so much. I'm going to tell the guys at Woodcraft about your deal and
DEMAND I get the same ! Think they'll do it? Hell no........But can't hurt to try .
Dave Anderson
Port Richey,Florida

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:20 am

Walk in wearing purple shorts and they'll give you anything you ask for just to get rid of you :D
Martin

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:20 am

SWEET! Good for you.

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:20 am

kiwigeo wrote:
Walk in wearing purple shorts and theyll give you anything you ask for just to get rid of you :D

Hesh has already used that one :shock: Wonder if they'll go for it a second time.
Gotta be like a second skin on you though Dave, show off your "Attributes". :wink:

Oh, & good score Hesh, gotta be pleased with that deal. Good job you aren't in NZ, they'd make you wait a six months delivery time while they got the new stock in.

This is the final re-constructed message of this topic posted by the ANZLF help team.
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.