The A-440 Freek~wince~E

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

duh Padma
Blackwood

The A-440 Freek~wince~E

Post by duh Padma » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:02 am

The A - 440 Freek~wince~E

A-440 ( is a relatively distressing aversive musical freek ~ wince~E best reserved for military and commercial uses as it
can produce hysteria and mass disorder. . . and arouses feelings of aggression replete with sexual stimuli. Basically it is a good frequency to march around singing "Hail Victory " which when translated to the mother tongue comes out as "Sieg Heil," Yes, Perfect for Rock and Role and world domination.

Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels in 1939 spearheaded the first international attempt to enshrine A - 440 as concert pitch. The French, and the other European nations opposed to this were not invited to partake of this conference and others like it. Although brought into standardization in 1953, (imposed more like it) it was ignored by Europe and much of the rest of the world until the early 1970s when the European Community buckled to the Industrial Complexes Military Marching Bands drone of A-440 standardization.

England in the early 1700s tuned A above middle C at 380 Hz,

Bach, in Hamburg, Leipzig and Weimar were pitched at A = 480 Hz,
While Handel, 1740, pitched A at 422.5 Hz, and later in 1780 at A = 409 Hz.

Modern Baroque ensembles standardize at A = 415 Hz.

Even today many of the worlds orchestras reject A 440, most notable being the
New York Philharmonic and the Boston Symphony Orchestra, while nearly all modern symphony orchestras in Germany and Austria and many in other countries in continental Europe such as Russia, Sweden and Spain and especially in Denmark, France, Hungary, Italy, Norway and Switzerland. All want nothing to do with A 440. As mentioned A-440 is great for rock n role, work your aggression out on some third world county, wave the flag, and pass the ammo paradigm mind set.

The French have always preferred A as 432 to 435hz.

This 432hz. frequency vibrates on the principals of natural harmonics and unifies the properties of light, time, space, matter, gravity and magnetism with biology, the DNA code and consciousness. Profound effects on consciousness and the cellular level of our bodies are observed using concert pitch at 432 hertz hertz. You can literally "feel" the difference of connecting to natural resonance.

Yes, is true , other than the industrialized commercial music market...the rest of the music world don't want much to do with A-440, especially didge players and their associated ensembles.

Blessings
duh Padma

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Re: The A-440 Freek~wince~E

Post by sebastiaan56 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:50 pm

I am always bemused by the reverence which some historical instruments are held. Usually we hear them played at A-440 when the pitch was not near that at the time. An off the bald head scat list - Cremonese violins (Stradivari, Amati, Guaneri etc, etc) Not only played at higher pitch but with new necks and steel strings. Parlor guitars, Torres style guitars (not much gut in the strings either) and of course Lloyd Loar mandolins (my personal favourite).

That said my sense of pitch is nowhere good enough to hear the difference without referring to a tuning fork or the like. Gut strings are easy but pitch is more elusive.
make mine fifths........

jeffhigh
Blackwood

Post by jeffhigh » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:03 pm

And then we get people like Siminoff and his disciples telling us we need to tap tune each brace to a musical note...... without specifying which note or which tuning standard.

duh Padma
Blackwood

Post by duh Padma » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:58 am

jeffhigh wrote:And then we get people like Siminoff and his disciples telling us we need to tap tune each brace to a musical note...... without specifying which note or which tuning standard.

Trade secrets Jeff, trade secrets.

And for $20 in a envelope, to duh Padma C/O dis here web site, and
you to will receive
"duh Padmas Trade Secrets of Luthierisem"
a rare, out of print, little known book on becoming a successful luthier.

Act now supplies are limited.

Dealers in queries welcome.

blessings
duh Padma

jeffhigh
Blackwood

Post by jeffhigh » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:01 am

I've sent you $1000 cash in an envelope Padma, cause I didn't have any smaller bills.
Could you send me the change by paypal ASAP.

duh Padma
Blackwood

Post by duh Padma » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:02 am

jeffhigh wrote:I've sent you $1000 cash in an envelope Padma, cause I didn't have any smaller bills.
Could you send me the change by paypal ASAP.
Yo Jeff,

Thank you for ordering "duh Padmas Trade Secrets of Luthierisem"
I know you will enjoy all it has to offer.

Hope you sent your payment In Care of Dis here Web site as per instructions as such regarding the change, you will have to take it up with them cuz duh Padma, him don't be handling the cash.

blessings

duh Padma