Epiphone Frontier

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

ozwood
Blackwood

Epiphone Frontier

Post by ozwood » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi All,

I was working in the shed today , and My neighbour called out to me, She Had been Cleaning out her late Husband's Music room , He had Purchased a Epiphone Frontier when he was still in the early stages of Alzehiemers , so it's never been played, other than when her Daughter who is a very talented musician come home to visit, she has decided to sell it and asked me how much it's worth , It Korean , in excellent condition no belly , no scratches, the Cactus Rope scratch plate is Lifting a bit on one corner , It's a solid wood. oh and , It sounds ........ well........ Korean ! ,any suggestion as to what she should be asking for it ?. and the best way to sell such an item. any guidance would be appreciated.

Paul
Attachments
Pam's Guitar back.jpg
Pam's Guitar side.jpg
Pam's Guitar bridge.jpg
Pam's Guitar case.jpg
Paul .

Kim
Admin

Re: Epiphone Frontier

Post by Kim » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:12 pm

The best place to move this guitar would be ebay. Describe the guitar as you have here...ex the sounds Korean bit :wink: Focus on the fact that (in its market) it is a quality guitar bought and hardly used, and then put to rest carefully in a wardrobe and to mature. Show the same images of the figure and action, more is better as images help to remove the questions and build the desire. Then let the market decide.

Good luck

Kim

ozwood
Blackwood

Post by ozwood » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Thanks Kim ,

I have suggested she does that and seems happy with that idea.

Do you think $600.oo Is an unreasonable expectation?

Thanks,

Paul
Paul .

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Paul it's going to depend completely on who is looking when it is listed, how bad they want it, how many others feel the same way, and how much cash they all have to throw at it.

One word of advise, do not make the starting price too high or people will not even think about adding it to their watched list. Start low and make the action a full 10 days. The idea is to plant a seed with a low starting price and then let the auction grow into a competition that forgets the bargain for the sake of the prize.

One thing to understand is that these type of guitars mean completely different things to different people. For a start it is only a reissue, it is not a ridgy didge Frontier so don't expect a collectors bidding war because they are simply not interested, to them its just a waste of wood held together with glue.

On the other hand, there really are quite a few people around who actively seek that 'cowboy' look and lets face it, on stage with a pickup and in front of a big hat and checkered shirt, that guitar would be a real winner. Korean or not it has the look and a bit of history to boot scoot, so it could very easily tip $600 and maybe more, possibly even double. But if the cowboys are all busy sing'in at the moon when your neighbor is running their auction, then someone is probably going to grab themselves a $300 bargain and those yodelers will be left to sing about the one that got away....that's the chance you take with ebay, it really does let the market decide, but its like pulling the handle on a pokie to see what market comes up when you list.

Cheers

Kim