Special Purpose

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Special Purpose

Post by Dennis Leahy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:49 am

I lifted the following quotes from Shane's tonewood thread because, well, he deserves better.

It started with the age old question, "why am I here?", and I believe I have the answer! I have a special purpose!

The conversation went like this:
Dennis Leahy wrote:...Now, exactly why I am here remains a mystery. I don't understand cricket or rugby, I don't do a good impression of Steve Irwin or Russell Crowe, I don't drink beer, and have only built one guitar. I must be here for comic relief. I have a funny feeling I'm going to lose a bet one day and find myself wandering around naked in the Australian outback, smeared with kangaroo pheromones.

Dennis

=====================================

sebastiaan56 wrote: Hey Dennis, I consulted the Goanna entrails on your participation in the forum. I have a message from the exalted spirit of stubbies past, present and future. it goes "your past life as a wallaby is coming back to haunt you, see you in the Oondgallahbee pub on Friday arvo and we'll watch the Aussies give the Kiwi's a serve. When were done we'll have a kebab and go bush for a chundah".

Sebastiaan
(aka the Aussie Channel, cant spell)

Dennis Leahy wrote:
Kim wrote:... you would have to be THE town bike for all wood peddlers. Having you around helps the rest of us feel like we at least have some control over our own WAS. :lol:

Cheers

Kim
Kim, you're welcome! When your wife finds your wood stash, I'll photograph mine to make you look like a WAS wanabee! :lol:

Dennis

Kim wrote:
Dennis Leahy wrote:Kim, you're welcome! When your wife finds your wood stash, I'll photograph mine to make you look like a WAS wanabee! :lol: Dennis
And that is precisely why I have always really appreciated you Dennis and been so very proud to call you my mate. :D Should you get sprung my friend, I shall race up to Tim's with camera in hand and come to your rescue also 8)

Cheers

Kim

And so, there it is! I know why I am here! I have a Special Purpose! And, I'm going to Use It A Lot!

Dennis
{with a tip of the hat to Steve Martin, The Jerk}
Another damn Yank!

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D 8) That is one of my all time Steve Martin moments, thanks Dennis.

Cheers

Kim