Money as debt

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Kim
Admin

Money as debt

Post by Kim » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:05 pm

The link to this video was put up at TLC (The Luthier's Community). I found it quite fascinating...and somewhat scarey even if it does tell a tale I have long suspected to be true. I know we have a few clever economist among us here and would like to know what they think of this or anyone else for that matter.

For many it will be an interesting watch because it does a great job of explaining where money comes from and we all have some 'interest' in that...whether we like it or not.

youtu.be/

Cheers

Kim

DarwinStrings
Blackwood

Re: Money as debt

Post by DarwinStrings » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 am

Well, I just thanked Martin for posting the thread about the Hayes Strat manual so thanking you Kim for posting this does not seem to be enough. I feel like I need either one of two things tattooed on my forehead "ignorant" or "naive". It does however give me some language and history to express some feelings or opinions that always seem like they are on the tip of my tongue but I just can't get them out. I have always hated "growth" as the thought of it has never made sense to me in that it has always seemed obvious that perpetual growth can not continue and that is a source of worry for me for my children and their future. Well done Kim, cheers mate.

Jim
Life is good when you are amongst the wood.
Jim Schofield

morgan
Myrtle

Post by morgan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 am

This video was screened last year by the members of our local Transition Town movement as part of an effort to get people to understand the current system of money, and also to understand that there are viable alternative systems. We take so much for granted and have been so brainwashed into believing that the way things currently operate is the only possible way they could operate; that any alternatives proposed seem heretical and ridiculous. Awareness is the first step towards change.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Part of the problem is most people dont think past the end of their lives....when they die the debt becomes somebody elses problem.
Martin

Puff
Blackwood

Post by Puff » Sun May 15, 2011 1:04 pm

This is a large plank in the OurNZ Party build and should be common knowledge through our education systems. Any claim to "sustainable" is a nonsence while this form of "banking" survives.