Manuka Honey

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Manuka Honey

Post by Dennis Leahy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:15 am

You Kiwi and Oz folks have probably known about the curative properties of Manuka Honey all your lives...and parents, and grandparents.

It got some attention in the US maybe 10 to 20 years ago, so some hippie types and natural food and natural remedy types of folks did pick up on it. But, with a renewed interest due to some lab testing, I would bet that it is going to become a lot more expensive, as more of it is exported away from NZ (and I assume it is in Australia as well, though I never heard of "Jelly Bush Honey", because I know you have Manuka bush/"Tea Tree".)

So, stock-up now before the trendy yank spas and uber-rich price it through the roof. Oh, and make sure it is RAW. Only RAW honey has the full magic. :~)

Dennis

Article attachment link: "Mysterious Honey Discovered That Kills All Bacteria Scientists Throw At It"
http://organicjar.com/2009/1396/
Another damn Yank!

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Re: Manuka Honey

Post by Dennis Leahy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:28 am

Oh and if I may add a side note:

Honey bees in the US have been dying at an unbelievable rate. As genetically modified plants (GMO) have taken over all of the major food crops in the US, so have we seen a new group of herbicides (including the infamous "Roundup") increasing exponentially.

You might think of Monsanto as an American corporation, and for that I am embarrassed and deeply apologetic. We can't stop them. They are now really more like a sovereign terroristic nation than a corporation, and they are determined to take over the world's food supply and sell matched herbicides (and maybe even chemicals that trigger the seeds to sprout - no chemical, no sprout.)

So, whatever the US bees are dying from, you can bet Monsanto has a boatload of it at your ports - so your bees are probably in jeopardy too. Do everything in your power to stop the metastasis of Monsanto and GMO crops.

Thanks. Love you guys. Getting off my soapbox now. :~)

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:53 am

Hey, when did you change the ANZLF forum to have a time limit on editing! I change my mind all the time!

So, upon further review, the article I linked to really came from an article in The Australian, nearly 3 years old. Is "old news" an oxymoron? Or am I a moron?

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Luke
Blackwood

Post by Luke » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:58 am

I use a honey made in Australia http://www.berringahoney.com it has +120 on the jar that's its amount of potency of the magic stuff.
Any how its amazing stuff after a gig and have a sore throat all ways have a spoon full.
Also had a rash on the top of my foot caused by me scratching an itch. The honey fixed it up great result.
Cheers Luke

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Dennis Leahy wrote:Hey, when did you change the ANZLF forum to have a time limit on editing! I change my mind all the time!

So, upon further review, the article I linked to really came from an article in The Australian, nearly 3 years old. Is "old news" an oxymoron? Or am I a moron?

Dennis
We've got our own little subversive government operating here mate.......Chairman Bob is in charge......aided by his band of totally corrupt and loyal deputies :mrgreen:
Martin

charangohabsburg
Blackwood

Post by charangohabsburg » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:08 pm

kiwigeo wrote:
Dennis Leahy wrote:Hey, when did you change the ANZLF forum to have a time limit on editing! I change my mind all the time!
[...]
We've got our own little subversive government operating here mate.......Chairman Bob is in charge......aided by his band of totally corrupt and loyal deputies :mrgreen:
Now I finally understand that this was just a dirty trick to increase the total number of posts. :mrgreen: :lol:
Markus

To be stupid is like to be dead. Oneself will not be aware of it.
It's only the others who suffer.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:41 am

Dennis
You're experiencing some of the well known side effects from consuming Manuka Honey. I wont mention the other side effects such as sex changes and growing of extra limbs.
Martin

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:30 pm

kiwigeo wrote:

Dennis
You're experiencing some of the well known side effects from consuming Manuka Honey. I wont mention the other side effects such as sex changes and growing of extra limbs.
hahahahahahahahha

Martin, your post sent me straight to google, using the words "ugly transvestite", I was going to make your eyes burn. Well, I burned MY eyes, and just couldn't bring myself to scaring everyone here, so I'll not post any images.

The extra limbs sounds great to me! I could use an extra set of hands when installing binding.

Dennis
Another damn Yank!