Love this guy

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Nick
Blackwood

Love this guy

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Love his spotless workshop & tidy approach :roll:

youtu.be/
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Tod Gilding
Blackwood

Re: Love this guy

Post by Tod Gilding » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:37 pm

I Like the bit at the end "Made By Hand Because We Don't Know How To use The Machines "

A bit like myself :oops: :oops:
Tod

Music is everyone's posession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
John Lennon

Skip
Gidgee

Post by Skip » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Seeing that he has a 'Stockport' shirt on, and he has a very midlands accent, I do believe I have seen one of his creations in person while I was living near Stoke-on-trent. It was a very rudimentary 'Wang-caster' that I distinctly recall having a 'Wilkes guitars' decal on the head. Sat in a second hand guitar shop for the entire 2 years I lived there, but that could have been the shop's criminal pricing and nothing to do with the craftsmanship and superior tone of a dick shaped guitar..

Could be wrong but it would be a pretty large coincidence. Seems like an interesting character bet he's good company at the pub.

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:36 am

Skip wrote:Seeing that he has a 'Stockport' shirt on, and he has a very midlands accent, I do believe I have seen one of his creations in person while I was living near Stoke-on-trent. It was a very rudimentary 'Wang-caster' that I distinctly recall having a 'Wilkes guitars' decal on the head. Sat in a second hand guitar shop for the entire 2 years I lived there, but that could have been the shop's criminal pricing and nothing to do with the craftsmanship and superior tone of a dick shaped guitar..

Could be wrong but it would be a pretty large coincidence. Seems like an interesting character bet he's good company at the pub.
Yeah I'd like to sit & have an ale with him, reckon I'd be pissin meself for hours. Hope his work on that Maccaferri isn't too rudimentary though, not too may of those original Maccferri's left, especially with the resonator chamber still in, it'd be worth a small fortune.
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.