Flooding Queensland

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

rocket
Blackwood

Flooding Queensland

Post by rocket » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:06 am

In regard to the rising damp being endured in Queensland at the moment, i hope you banana benders have got your stash high and dry, and goes without saying that you and yours are safe also!!
Rod.
Like I said before the crash, " Hit the bloody thing, it won't hit ya back

www.octiganguitars.com

Nick
Blackwood

Re: Flooding Queensland

Post by Nick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:31 am

rocket wrote:In regard to the rising damp being endured in Queensland at the moment, i hope you banana benders have got your stash high and dry, and goes without saying that you and yours are safe also!!
Rod.
+1 Rod.
Incredible to think that while most of Aus is hot enough to boil a monkeys bum & is full of bushfires, Queenslanders are taking to the rooves & liferafts. Talk about a land of contrasts!
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

nnickusa
Blackwood

Post by nnickusa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:23 pm

we've had a full taste of Oswald down here in Brunswick Heads. A water spout in the morning. Crazy winds all night---listening to the house literally GROANING with the force of the wind---Pouring rain. Power outages. Shut the shop yesterday and today, and still more to come, they say. All in all, pretty good here. No flooding yet and while some trees and fences are down aroung the town, we just have leaf litter and branches in our garden.

Fingers crossed and it's all supposed to be over round here by morning....

568mm rain in Mullumbimby, next town over.....That's a lot of rain :shock:

Good luck to those of you south of here....
I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am....

Cheers,
Nick

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DMI-hand ... 744?ref=hl

ozziebluesman
Blackwood

Post by ozziebluesman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:27 pm

We were lucky this time in Townsville as Oswald gave us a kiss as he twisted past and dumped 250 mm of rain which we really needed as the last good rain was in July last year.

I hope all our friends in the NSW hinterlands are spared any dangerous weather situations.

Cheers

Alan
"Play to express, not to impress"

Alan Hamley

http://www.hamleyfineguitars.com/

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:38 am

Thinking about those of you affected by the flooding and tornadoes. Tornadoes? Hey, give Dorothy in Kansas back her tornadoes!

Seriously hope everyone is OK.

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm

It stopped raining in Sydney this morning, about 20 minutes before I had to drive to work. Can't believe how hard it rained through the night.

We got off lightly I think. Though the drive into work was tiring (it takes about an hour). There was just so much water on the road it was difficult to not break traction pulling out from the lights, luckily there were only a few idiots who wouldn't or couldn't change their driving habits to suit the weather. Listening to the radio on the way into work, they were reporting multi car pile-ups all over the place.

People north of Sydney copped it way worse than we did.

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:55 pm

What a bastard of a thing that would be, you go through life's crap to get your family set up and settled in a place you can all call home. You go to work to pay your bills and do the best you can to do the right thing, and then, just a year after Campbell bloody Newman gets voted into office, he goes and does exactly the same bloody thing to the folks of SE QLD that they voted out Anna Bligh for....Bloody polys, you just can't trust any of the bastards. :P

In all seriousness though, I just hope the rain lets up in time for those poor buggers currently looking down the barrel of inundation. That would have to be a hell of an experience to go through that I would not wish upon anybody....except perhaps but Campbell.

Cheers

Kim

P Bill
Blackwood

Post by P Bill » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 am

" Can Do " was not a loved man as lord mayor. The election was an indication of how on the nose Labor in Qld. was. I voted informal, one was bad as the other. Funnily enough Labor looks a lot better now.

I watched a Spotted Gum and an Ironbark behind my shed whip around like celery stalks in the storm. They weren't a problem 20 years ago, major fright now.
"Were you drying your nails or waving me good bye?" Tom Waits

Bill

lauburu
Blackwood

Post by lauburu » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:04 am

bloody polys, you just can't trust any of the bastards.
Saw a wonderful piece of graffitti in Brisbane when I lived there in the 70's "It doesn't matter who you vote for, a politician always gets in". Seems like not much has changed.

Check out the link for an important addition to every repertoire
http://www.buggerthebankers.com/

Miguel

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:09 am

This is the driest wet season I've seen in Cairns. I doubt we've had more than 100mm this season at my place on the south side of the city. Actually having to water the gardens to keep things alive right now. Go figure.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:12 pm

lauburu wrote:
Check out the link for an important addition to every repertoire
http://www.buggerthebankers.com/

Miguel
My friends moan to me about the pitiful 1-2% interest rate theyre earning from their savings accounts. I tell them to buy shares in the bank and enjoy the 6% fully franked dividend. Most of them have no idea what I'm talking about.
Martin