I disown thee, I disown thee, I disown thee

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

I disown thee, I disown thee, I disown thee

Post by Dennis Leahy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:46 pm

...That is, if this guy was really a relative of mine, I would disown him.

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/qu ... 6588777132

Very bizarre that the police and forensic pathologist/coroner would label a death as a suicide when there was a gunshot to the back of the head.

Ya gotta love hubby's alibi: He was not out killing his wife, he was screwing her sister!

Yikes!

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

EricDownunder
Blackwood

Re: I disown thee, I disown thee, I disown thee

Post by EricDownunder » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:38 am

It says it all abut the Qld. police of that period, wasn't about that time police corruption was at it's height, I remember something on the news about this and thought it was a bit strange.
Keep Smiling,
Eric Smith

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Yes Dennis what a creep. Glad they have him facing trial now anyhow. These things do leave you wondering how all the basic evidence had been so efficiently overlooked in the first place.

A few years back I watched doco about a coronal inquest into the bazaar 1970's "suicide" death of a 15 year old boy in the Riverina area of NSW. I've looked everywhere on the net for details of that particular event but can't find a thing?

The Riverina is an agricultural hub of Australia heavy populated by people of Italian heritage. Details of other infamous events, such as the murder of outspoken anti-drug campaigner and State MP Don Hancock and the later uncovering of the Terry Clark, Bob Trimboli 'Mr Asia' Syndicate, made it common knowledge that the Calabria Mafia had set up a multi-million dollar marijuana cropping operation in the Riverina area and particularly in Griffith NSW.

I do not recall any specific direct link being made to all that in the doco, but do recall that history had been laid as back drop for the event at hand.

As I recall the boy had lived with his Father on a small, somewhat isolated rural property they were renting not far out of the local township. The father had been home alone drinking when the son, known to have become part of 'the wrong crowd', had returned that evening in a frightened and excited state. He had explained to his father that "they" were after him?, and would kill him if they got hold of him stating that he either had seen, or knew "too much". The father believing the boy to be exaggerating the reality of the situation and suggested a history of fanciful imagination. He told the boy to get a grip on himself and then put the matter out of his mind.

The boy had gone missing shortly after, and as I recall his body was discovered by local fishermen sometime later at a creek some kilometres from the boy's home. The Police had been called and recovered the corps. They investigated and closed the matter with a finding of suicidal death by drowning.

There had been a bloodied power-drill found on a bench in the open shed at the back of the boy's house. The boy had been found wrapped in chains secured to body through the ankles and wrist with "D" shackles. The police investigation suggested that the boy had become depressed for whatever reason and had decided to take his own life. He had made his way to the shed at the back of the property and pre-drilled 4 x 10mm holes, one through each ankle and wrist, to accept the "D" shackle bolts. He then took a considerable length of chain from the shed along with the necessary "D" shackles and made his way across his own and then neighbouring properties on foot to finally arrive sometime later at the creek some 3 or 4 ? kilometres away.

At the creek he went about the business of wrapping himself in the length of chain and securing it to his body through wrists and ankles via "D" shackles using the pre-drilled holes. That job done he then stood and made his way sack race style to the edge of the creek bank from where he leapt into the water in the middle of the creek and drowned....There were plaster cast presented at the inquest that were taken from imprints in the soil of the open shed at the back of the boys property. As I recall these casts were used to demonstrate to the coroner that the van used by police to attend the property when investigating the boys disappearance had also been parked in the open shed and next to the bloodied drill. But as I recall the drill had not been mentioned in any police reports until 'after' the boy's body had been discovered. Forensic investigation of that same van also revealed what is believed to be traces of the boys blood. The officers who had been issued that van at the time of the investigation had denied any connection with, or further knowledge of, the boy's death than had already been stated in their reports..

As I recall the coroner had changed the cause of death to an 'open' finding. No charges were laid due to a lack of evidence..Poor bloody kids. :cry:

P.S. There is a lot of "as I recall" in the above but the doco was a number of years ago now. I thought it was an episode of 4 corners or perhaps Australian Story both of which air on the ABC. However checking their archives I can't find it..does anyone else recall this show? If so please let us know if you also recall any detail of the broadcast.

Cheers

Kim

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Houdini couldn't have done a better job with the chains and shackles Kim, its a bloody disgrace.

Steve

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Yes a bit unfortunate about those surnames Dennis.

Steve