It's just how we roll in Un Zud

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Nick
Blackwood

It's just how we roll in Un Zud

Post by Nick » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:32 am

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-storie ... -has-beer/

I like how he made time for a beer after 8)
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Dekka
Blackwood

Re: It's just how we roll in Un Zud

Post by Dekka » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:43 am

..and then he went home and had Tungsten Carbide for tea.
"Tuoba-esra si od I gnihtyreve."

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:36 pm

That's them southlanders for ya, Burt liked essential elements in his tea as well but his choice was Titanium.

Steve

ozwood
Blackwood

Post by ozwood » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:12 pm

That's Nothin,

Here we leave the shark attached to our leg and take it to the surf club house for a drink.

True story happened at Caves beach across the road from Jeff Highlands house.

"22-year-old Luke Tresoglavic was snorkelling on a reef off Caves Beach, south of Newcastle when he was attacked by a small wobbegong, or carpet shark shark. He grabbed hold of it with both hands to stop it shaking and swam 300 metres to shore, a couple of people tried to help me but could not remove it, so he walked to his car and drove to a local surf club to get help while the shark was still attached to his leg. Under the supervision of senior lifeguard Michael Jones three men took hold of the shark and attempted to flush its gills with fresh water to make it loosen its grip on Mr Tresoglavic's leg. With blood oozing from 70 needle-like punctures in his leg, he then drove to the nearest hospital, taking the dead shark with him. Wobbegong sharks have a reputation of being moody and short-tempered, can grow up to three metres in length and have very sharp teeth."

Cheers,
Paul .

needsmorecowbel
Blackwood

Post by needsmorecowbel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:54 pm

Jeeez...I didnt even realise Wobbegongs had teeth. Cheers for clearing up that misconception Paul!

I just got back from 10 days of spear fishing (hawaiian slings), and expected to see a few wobbegongs or at least some small school sharks, maybe an octopus. We did have an amazing experience in the shallows where a school of around 200 what looked to be Salmon (cresent moon tail) decided to swim right up to the group I was snorkelling with...everyone was so awe struck by the sight of so many fish that we didnt end up catching any of them.

There were some pretty cool fish floating around (Old Wife) but the one large fish (morwong) we caught was awful when we baked it...