EBay Humour

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

ozwood
Blackwood

EBay Humour

Post by ozwood » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:44 pm

So I ordered some bridge pins from Ebay, They turn up promptly, but one packet has only 5 pins in the bag.

No biggy, message exchange as follows.

Me : " Hi, Item No. xxxxxxxxxx is missing one of the brdge pins from the packet , should be 6 only got 5 the rest are ok.

Ebay store : "Hi friend, can you send some pictures of the item you did not received, i can check it for you ,don;t worry i will solve it for u. thank you"

Me : "How about you use imagination , small bag should have six (6) bridge pins made of brass only has five (5) transaction *********** described as Gold Beautiful Brass Guitar Bridge Pins/End PIN Set, how about send me 1 more brass bridge pin and we will be Square".

Ebay Store:" if you can send me picture about lost brass bridge pin, i can see it".

Me: That's the whole point , I can't take a photo of it because it's missing.

Ebay store : " hello friend I need a photo of missing bridge pin before i can send a replacement.

Oh F%#kit what the hell.

Me: Here is the Photo of the Missing Bridge pin it looks like the rest except it's not there.

We'll see what comes next, maybe I'll get one just like the missing one ........... invisible.

Cheers,
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (33.09 KiB) Viewed 12907 times
Paul .

Kim
Admin

Re: EBay Humour

Post by Kim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:35 pm

:lol:

Let me guess...Honkers???

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:08 am

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Might be useful as a spare for an air guitar?
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

charangohabsburg
Blackwood

Post by charangohabsburg » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:14 am

:lol:

It seems David Thorne took a side step into the guitar parts business.
Markus

To be stupid is like to be dead. Oneself will not be aware of it.
It's only the others who suffer.

Tod Gilding
Blackwood

Post by Tod Gilding » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 am

Hi Paul, I Have had exactly this same exchange of emails, except it was over bone nut blanks. :lol:
Tod

Music is everyone's posession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
John Lennon

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:50 pm

Hey Paul we just have to hope that it is only lost in translation :? , and good thing it only happens sometimes, not every time/transaction.

Steve

ozwood
Blackwood

Post by ozwood » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:03 pm

In fairness, the bloke was really keen to solve the issue and very prompt in his replies and once provided with a Photo of the Missing Bridge pin :? ...... errr ... well at least a photo of where the missing bridge pin should have been, to replace the missing item .

I have found that in general that, in my experiance at least, Chinese suppliers more than keen to please and solve issues.

So whilst I had a dig in the interest of humour , he did do his best to solve the issue, which i'm sure was an honest mistake.

Which is a lot more than I can say for some of the local suppliers I have had unfortunate experiances with.

Cheers,
Paul .

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:20 am

ozwood wrote:In fairness, the bloke was really keen to solve the issue and very prompt in his replies and once provided with a Photo of the Missing Bridge pin :? ...... errr ... well at least a photo of where the missing bridge pin should have been, to replace the missing item .

I have found that in general that, in my experiance at least, Chinese suppliers more than keen to please and solve issues.

So whilst I had a dig in the interest of humour , he did do his best to solve the issue, which i'm sure was an honest mistake.

Which is a lot more than I can say for some of the local suppliers I have had unfortunate experiances with.

Cheers,
Quite true Paul, some local suppliers (especially in Un Zud) tend to speak to you like it's your fault "Are you sure YOU didn't loose the pin?! We could sell you another set." they only see the immediate cost to them & don't see the value of long term return business. I think with a lot of the EBay sellers, it's either that the EBay trading is worth a large wad of cash to them or it's their only income source that they realize the value of good 5 star feedback and any negative comments can harm their income stream, so they put the effort in.
I actually had an argument via email with a seller on Trade Me (the Un Zud equivalent) after I'd given her a neutral rating/feedback (it wasn't even bad or negative!), she wanted me to remove my comments and put a glowing reference! :roll:
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:43 am

Paul,

Why oh why didn't you follow instructions? Instead of sending him a picture of the missing pin, you sent a picture of the existing 5 pins. You will confuse him - he will now think he has finally found the "black hole" of missing pins. Just like the socks that disappear in the washer or dryer: You have shown him 5 pins which he will think are the 5 missing pins from the previous 4 complaints plus yours. You will probably get a list of 4 addresses to send each one their missing pin.

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

ozwood
Blackwood

Post by ozwood » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Dear, dear Dennis you don't loose socks , your washing machine makes them, the reason odd socks are always that bluey grey colour is because they are made from lint that collects in that middle bit that sticks up, when enough lint has accumulated and the washer is in it's spin cycle it combines all the lint under centrifugal force to make a sock and spits it out, wait a month and you'll get a matching sock.

Cheers,
Paul .

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:13 am

ozwood wrote:Dear, dear Dennis you don't loose socks , your washing machine makes them, the reason odd socks are always that bluey grey colour is because they are made from lint that collects in that middle bit that sticks up, when enough lint has accumulated and the washer is in it's spin cycle it combines all the lint under centrifugal force to make a sock and spits it out, wait a month and you'll get a matching sock.

Cheers,
:lol: :cl :toi
Another damn Yank!