Workshop orchestra

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Nick
Blackwood

Workshop orchestra

Post by Nick » Wed May 21, 2014 8:51 am

"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

charangohabsburg
Blackwood

Re: Workshop orchestra

Post by charangohabsburg » Wed May 21, 2014 10:08 am

I like that kind of circus!
Markus

To be stupid is like to be dead. Oneself will not be aware of it.
It's only the others who suffer.

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Wed May 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Goes to show that non instruments can become musical in some hands whilst instruments in some other hands can be non musical.

Steve

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Wed May 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Ok you bunch of geriatrics..break's over..... now get back to work!!!!
Martin

charangohabsburg
Blackwood

Post by charangohabsburg » Wed May 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Hmmm, looking at their agenda I think their break is probably their work.
Markus

To be stupid is like to be dead. Oneself will not be aware of it.
It's only the others who suffer.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu May 22, 2014 12:09 am

charangohabsburg wrote:Hmmm, looking at their agenda I think their break is probably their work.
This is going to be a common sight here in Australia with the current government's plan to have us working until we're 70.
Martin

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Thu May 22, 2014 6:55 am

kiwigeo wrote: This is going to be a common sight here in Australia with the current government's plan to have us working until we're 70.
Yes, I hear it was a good budget for the man on the street :lmao :fff
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Sat May 24, 2014 10:56 am

My brother in law is a brickie, how the hell is a brickie going to work until hes 70, he currently has chronic back pain and has massive issues already and hes in his 50's at the momment, let me guess we will retrain him into a clerical job using workstart and with no experience he can finish out until he hits 70 and can get the pension / his super / ad his entitlements

Pfft.... sore point with me
Steve
Master of nothing,

Do your own repairs - http://www.mirwa.com.au/How_to_Series.html

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat May 24, 2014 2:39 pm

How about me.......sitting in a helicopter for 2 hours flying out to the oil rigs I work on. Soon they'll have parking racks for zimmer frames at the side of the helipads on the rigs working in Australian waters. Im 56 and probably already past the sensible age at which you quit this sort of work.
Martin

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Sat May 24, 2014 3:17 pm

simso wrote:My brother in law is a brickie, how the hell is a brickie going to work until hes 70, he currently has chronic back pain and has massive issues already and hes in his 50's at the momment, let me guess we will retrain him into a clerical job using workstart and with no experience he can finish out until he hits 70 and can get the pension / his super / ad his entitlements

Pfft.... sore point with me
* Bad news Steve .....They don't care :(
* Hocks Good news Steve....plenty of us'll be dead by then. :shock:

Steve

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Sat May 24, 2014 7:09 pm

kiwigeo wrote:How about me.......sitting in a helicopter for 2 hours flying out to the oil rigs I work on. Soon they'll have parking racks for zimmer frames at the side of the helipads on the rigs working in Australian waters. Im 56 and probably already past the sensible age at which you quit this sort of work.
Cool, I have done some engine work on heli,s in my younger years, love jet engines, I keep my hand in every now and then with Ndt on them as well :). I am a man of many tickets and shirts
Steve
Master of nothing,

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sun May 25, 2014 1:06 pm

simso wrote:
kiwigeo wrote:How about me.......sitting in a helicopter for 2 hours flying out to the oil rigs I work on. Soon they'll have parking racks for zimmer frames at the side of the helipads on the rigs working in Australian waters. Im 56 and probably already past the sensible age at which you quit this sort of work.
Cool, I have done some engine work on heli,s in my younger years, love jet engines, I keep my hand in every now and then with Ndt on them as well :). I am a man of many tickets and shirts
The EC225's we often fly have their main rotor shafts NDT tested every 8 hours flight time. The machines got grounded for 12 months after they had a string of shaft failures and ditchings. Root cause was pinned down to corrosion inside the shaft (it's hollow). The pilots also now have a real time display in the cockpit which monitors shaft vibration. Any increase in same then they have to turn around and get back to land asap.
Martin

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Sun May 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Yes, I am involved in that inspection. It uses a guided ultrasonic probe to do that one, ridiculous the repeat inspection times, they should just replace all of the housings and get it over and done with.
Steve
Master of nothing,

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri May 30, 2014 8:24 pm

simso wrote:Yes, I am involved in that inspection. It uses a guided ultrasonic probe to do that one, ridiculous the repeat inspection times, they should just replace all of the housings and get it over and done with.
The end game plan is to replace the shafts but its going to take some time. On my last job we had two EC225s on full rate sitting in the hanger in Broome for 12 months while we were forced to ship in and fly two A320L airframes from the north sea. Both machines had no air conditioning and one of them didnt even have window vents. During the 2 hours trip back into Broome the cabin temp was often nudging high 30's.
Martin