A Stage full of Talent

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Nick
Blackwood

A Stage full of Talent

Post by Nick » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:17 am

youtu.be/
You couldn't pack anymore talent on stage! Bit of laid back music for a Friday.
Jeff Beck on guitar, the master of odd metres, and my favourite, on drums Vinnie Coliuta, and the freakish Aussie Tal Wilkenfeld on Bass.
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: A Stage full of Talent

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Nice one Nick....I thrash this clip at least once a week on the laptop here at work.

Don't forget the keyboard player.....Jason Rebello. I think hes classically trained and there are a few other clips where he puts in some nice work on the ivories.
Martin

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:37 pm

kiwigeo wrote:Don't forget the keyboard player.....Jason Rebello. I think hes classically trained and there are a few other clips where he puts in some nice work on the ivories.
Yeah I'm no keyboard aficionado (Although I do like Chick Corea of course :wink: ) so I wasn't to sure who was playing keys so rather than get it wrong thought that leaving the name out may have been the better course of action. Thanks for filling in the blanks, I think the same guy is with them when they play Ronnie Scotts isn't he?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoQHnzHrqgE. The Ronnie Scott gig also features Clapton and a woman I've seen live here in ChCh, Imogen Heap, another very talented woman but not lacking in quirkyness.
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Nick wrote:
kiwigeo wrote:Don't forget the keyboard player.....Jason Rebello. I think hes classically trained and there are a few other clips where he puts in some nice work on the ivories.
Yeah I'm no keyboard aficionado (Although I do like Chick Corea of course :wink: ) so I wasn't to sure who was playing keys so rather than get it wrong thought that leaving the name out may have been the better course of action. Thanks for filling in the blanks, I think the same guy is with them when they play Ronnie Scotts isn't he?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoQHnzHrqgE. The Ronnie Scott gig also features Clapton and a woman I've seen live here in ChCh, Imogen Heap, another very talented woman but not lacking in quirkyness.
Yep same lineup as on the Ronnie Scott gig. Theres some nice keyboard work on "Scatterbrain".
Martin